5cf5b88fe94b36d6a4e3447ca371ac1e.jpg

I do not intend to be funny with this thread. I don't think the abbreviation SEED means something, so I made up one: Square Enix Entertains Dumbasses haha!

Does anyone exactly know what it means as an abbreviation?

Administrator
Staff member
Well they work for a place known as Ballamb Garden. It is not really an acronym. It is a symbolism that they are seeds that grows from the Garden.

Last edited:
SeeD are elite mercenary forces of Balamb Garden, and the white SeeD ship. They are trained to fight sorceress. They do seem to be part of a garden. Not sure though.

Well they work for a place known as Ballamb Garden. It is not really an acronym. It is a symbolism that they are seeds that grows from the Garden.

Oh, I never realized that. That's one great way to look at it. I thought it stands for something. Thanks, man!

IMO SEED academy here just means something where they learn from scratch. Most of the schools and the colleges are named like that where students come for some sort of graduation. Just a symbolism used here.

IMO SEED academy here just means something where they learn from scratch. Most of the schools and the colleges are named like that where students come for some sort of graduation. Just a symbolism used here.
Really? And this schools are they in real life or in final fantasy 8? I don't know why, I think you are so off-topic. Sorry if I am wrong though. For example what school or college are named like that? I seem to be so misinformed.

I believe this Balamb Garden Seed Academy is where somebody trains and aquires skills to become a elite mercenary in Final Fantasy 8 (a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army). It sounds like SEED refers to a place to get planted or started, to become a mercenary-that would be my take on this.

I've never really given that much attention to the name 'SEED' but I guess it doesn't hurt to have that piece of information.

I believe this Balamb Garden Seed Academy is where somebody trains and aquires skills to become a elite mercenary in Final Fantasy 8 (a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army). It sounds like SEED refers to a place to get planted or started, to become a mercenary-that would be my take on this.
I seem to agree with your post. Really related to mine. I do think it is a place to acquire mercenary.

This is actually a really great deduction. It completely makes sense.