Administrator
Staff member
The PC version of Final Fantasy 9 finally have a mod that made the ps1 game look like it is for PS2.

As you see on this video, Garnet looks less polygon. The texture of the model looks as smooth as a PS2 character but in HD. The character models remained Chibi since all people in 9 are really Chibi. The characters in 9 are all midgets. I mean even in Dissidia, they are short people with big heads. This saves us from waiting for a remake.

I haven't played it yet and I just know it's going to have some graphical and bug issues that are going to need some fixing, so I was just wondering if there are any HD Mods that you can recommend?

Administrator
Staff member
The HD mods are easy to find. The videos on Youtube have links to the mods. You must have a copy of Final Fantasy 9 to make the mod work. The Steam version is the most compatible.

Yes, it looks very high definition as far as the background goes as well, with this Final Fantasy 9 mod- the backgrounds have a nice clean look with this nice high resolution version. The characters look really great as well- also this video below could help you out with some of the mods.

Last edited:
I guess I'll just go on youtube and find out everything I need to know.

Administrator
Staff member
I want a mod where they are taller. If I have money I will pay a modder to do that.

I want a mod where they are taller. If I have money I will pay a modder to do that.
Sorry if I disagree. The Final Fantasy 9 characters are charming the way they are. It is what makes them unique and anti-commercial. Not everyone have to be as talls as basketball players and supermodels.