I've seen threads talking about what anyone would like about old school Sentai. But I decided, why not discuss what we like about the new school stuff? What are some new things that we like in the new seasons? Or what are some elements of older shows that you were glad was kept in the newer shows? Stuff like that. Particularly, this is mostly for the shows from Gao and ongoing. :)

GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
One thing I love about the older sentai shows was the relationships between the characters and how it was about being a strong team. I don't see that as much with the new shows the last show to actually do that for me was Gekiranger and a bit of shinkenger. Another thing I like are the mecha fights they've really evolved over the past couple of years.

MagiFanboy
One thing I like are the Super Modes. Legend Magiranger, Super Gekiranger, Super Shinkenger, I just like seeing the costumes getting a revamp and the super powers being taken even further as our heroes face on foes who were previously unstoppable, and end up crushing them almost effortlessly. It's a great scene with good action and serves as a capstone to the progress that the heroes have made up to that point.

Some kind of Beast mode
I like the creativity in the OP's now. Instead of posing and look at the camera, they seem to now show a story.

I liking the fighting too. It's a little more fast paced, but more importantly the moves don't look choreographed. They also make an effort to not use the same move twice.
Back in the day, the moves especially for girls, more specifically for Pink's got so repetitive it's not even funny. It was flipping a foot soldier almost every time.

The mecha are more creative and less blocky. The themes are more explored as well. The amount of mech, and their combinations are the downside though.

I like how the villains now have a theme, instead of being just random ugly monsters. Though the random ugly monsters back in the day looked great.

Pimp Robot
The clusterfuck mecha combinations.

[hide]
haters%20o'nna%20hate.JPG
[/hide]

The action seems to have more....character. IMO the few 80s series I can say you feel like the character is in the suit is Changeman, Flashman and Maskman.

The change in how the filming quality since Boukenger is also pretty noticable as well.

Someday...once more
above all else i feel characters and story are better played out than pre timeranger sentai. many characters are more relatable and enduring. plus, since the cast is basically young people, there is not so many grumpy/serious team members. i also like how stories can be drawn out to be more detailed and intricate and done so not just to kill a few episodes. imao.

fight scenes are better, more intense.
monsters and mecha are just better made today.

those are my reasons.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
One thing I definitely enjoy is the fight choreography. It's really evolved over the past two decades or so. I remember watching GoGo V (my first Sentai) as a 5 year old, and now watching Goukaiger, it's very fast paced now. It's not just stand around a blast stuff, or jump and punch. Repeat. It's a lot more varied now. That's why I'm really excited for some of the older tribute episodes. It's a lot like what Forever Red did; I wanna see old Senshi with today's fight choreography and wirework!

The weapons. I feel like a lot of the weapons/toys are designed much better now. This is basically from MegaRanger onward though. I have some antique Sentai toys, like Carranger's AutoBlaster that I've gotten from some friends, and it doesn't compare to today's toys.

Harumph.
Out of everything? The gradual improvement in video quality.

I like that everything can be seen clearly now, although whether or not it compliments the actors and special effects is a completely different story.