Tech What do you do with your old phone if you buy a new one?

I keep my old phone. I learned that the hard way when I gave my old one to a friend. A week later my new phone broke and I was without a phone for a week waiting to get it fixed. Now I always keep a backup!

Well, I save it in my house in-case I have problems with the current one. Examples are if it is stolen, broken, or simply out of batery and I need to leave home quickly. I have insurance on my cellphone, but all that process takes time, so it's always good to have an extra phone in stock. Hehe

I usually sell mine online or keep it as a backup if something was to happen to my current phone. My iPhone recently just stopped charging and I had to order a new one. Which took about a week to come in. I wished I had my backup phone then but I let someone use it instead so I was out of luck.

I usually just give my old phone to either one of my parents, which one needs it the most at the time. This way if there's a problem with my current one, I can always fall back to it and have it incase my new ones breaks.

I don't usually change phones unless the phone in which I'm having now is broken or unusable. I'm not much into fan smartphones or the latest mobile device. I use it for calling, texting, web browsing, and checking e-mail. When I purchase a new phone, I usually sell my old phone to one of the online stores. If the store doesn't accept my old phone, then I will keep it for emergency use or something.

When I get a new phone, I typically do not get rid of the old one. I actually keep around, in the event that the new phone does not work for some reason. I also use the old phone for testing and development purposes if it’s an android device. If the phone is older than three years, I typically donate it to battered women’s shelters, or to people that are less fortunate and who really need a way to communicate.