What did Gou Wakamatsu say to get himself kicked off of Go-Busters?

Mad Skillz
I've been reading around about this lately, but can't seem to find a solid answer. Gou Wakamatsu, one of the assistant producers on Go-Busters, has supposedly been fired from the show in retaliation to a comment he made slamming another Toei producer (Shirakura) on Twitter, but...what exactly did he say? Is it possible that he wasn't fired and just left the show or is taking a period of absence from it? His leave coincidences with what looks like some of that traditional Toei Meddling in shows that we all know too well, but what exactly are the particulars of the situation?

Nice post!!
Is it possible that he wasn't fired and just left the show or is taking a period of absence from it?

Yes. In fact, I'd assume this is the case until someone can produce some sort of evidence. I can't find a link to the Tweet or a synopsis of what was said, which makes me think the Twitter angle might be fan paranoia kicking in. Right now, I believe Wakamatsu's Japanese Wikipedia page simply says that he left Go-Busters for unknown reasons.

That guy in Japan
His leave coincidences with what looks like some of that traditional Toei Meddling in shows that we all know too well

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by Toei Meddling?

The only shift in the show that I've noticed lately (Aside from the introduction of Beet and Stag Busters) is a slight increase in comedy, mostly from the Buddyroids. Then again, this is the show with a hero whose primary weakness is chicken so it was never 100% serious to begin with.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Aoi didn't mean in Gobusters specifically, rather Toei's interference in general regarding their shows. The most infamous example would be Hibiki's midseason retooling that removed all of their staff and replaced them with Inoue.

Another example would be something that Red Ranger put up recently, with Gokaiger's tribute episodes getting jammed in the latter half of the series because of an unforeseen (But fortunate) incident with Ogawa Teruyuki, who raised awareness for Gokaiger among past Sentai actors and suddenly Toei could bring people back for tribute episodes.

In the beginning of Fourze, there was an article that said that Toei initially scrapped the idea of making Fourze a serious anniversary series because of Decade, and all we got was the little clips and references to older rider series.

Last edited:
Aoi didn't mean in Gobusters specifically, rather Toei's interference in general regarding their shows. The most infamous example would be Hibiki's midseason retooling that removed all of their staff and replaced them with Inoue.

Another example would be something that Shougo put up recently, with Gokaiger's tribute episodes getting jammed in the latter half of the series because of an unforeseen (But fortunate) incident with Ogawa Teruyuki, who raised awareness for Gokaiger among past Sentai actors and suddenly Toei could bring people back for tribute episodes.

In the beginning of Fourze, there was an article that said that Toei initially scrapped the idea of making Fourze a serious anniversary series because of Decade, and all we got was the little clips and references to older rider series.

If it wasn't enough to help Gokaiger's ratings towards the end of the show, I hope that fans will appreciate seeing the actual actors return again.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Oh yeah, Red Ranger, thanks for the heads up!

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by Toei Meddling?

You want an example of "Toei Meddling?" Watch Kamen Rider Decade.........that is the epitome of "Toei Meddling" at its finest (even more than the meddling of Kamen Rider Hibiki's production)