What did Gou Wakamatsu say to get himself kicked off of Go-Busters?

Aronbafon
[HIDE]Essentially it ends with them realising they're a tv show and that parts of the show are being changed due to executive meddling.[/HIDE]

Nice post!!
Actually I'd say Akibaranger holds that title.

Yeah, but with Akiba, that's all clearly planned. The creators are clearly criticizing the cavalier way Toei views the shows, caring about them as products first and creative works as a very distant seconds.

In particular, Jun Hikasa "left" the last official series he worked on about 2/3 of the way through as part of a move to retool it. I would imagine that experience and others like it informed the plot of Akibaranger.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Yeah, but with Akiba, that's all clearly planned. The creators are clearly criticizing the cavalier way Toei views the shows, caring about them as products first and creative works as a very distant seconds.

In particular, Jun Hikasa "left" the last official series he worked on about 2/3 of the way through as part of a move to retool it. I would imagine that experience and others like it informed the plot of Akibaranger.

Hence why Decade is the clear example of "Toei meddling."

That show hasn't had a consistent direction for a story plot EXCEPT to end in a damn "clusterfuck war." Shirakura basically told ALL THE WRITERS on Decade, the show will start with a Rider War..........the show will end with a Rider War, and everything in the middle we'll just **** around a bit until we reach the end.

Even for an anniversary show, the **** is the most poorly planned, most easily meddled around show Toei has ever produced.

There might be other ones, but I doubt they'll ever be as mishandled and manipulated as Kamen Rider Decade

Even for an anniversary show, the **** is the most poorly planned, most easily meddled around show Toei has ever produced.
Poorly planned, sure, I'll give you that. I still think Hibiki has to be the most badly meddled with series, though. Decade was already such a random (if entertaining) clusterfuck that the meddling wasn't that noticeable - with Hibiki the entire show was heavily retooled and it was incredibly blatant that new writers and producers were coming in and changing things.

Decade was not even a "real" anniversary show to begin with.
"Heisei anniversary"? Seriously?

The whole show, right down from the non-existing plot to the badly written characters, was a clear example of the suits at Toei screaming "Financial crisis! We need money! FAST!"

While watching the show, you kept feeling that Toei had originally wanted Decade to be a VA in a suit, but were forced to make a character out of him, so they told the writers "Yeah, just make up some story for the character. We don't really care. Just make sure he gets to fight a lot"

Poorly planned, sure, I'll give you that. I still think Hibiki has to be the most badly meddled with series, though. Decade was already such a random (if entertaining) clusterfuck that the meddling wasn't that noticeable - with Hibiki the entire show was heavily retooled and it was incredibly blatant that new writers and producers were coming in and changing things.

Could something similar had been happening on the Ultra Series' as well? For instance, the second half of Ultraman Dyna ... changed ... from a fairly light-hearted comedy adventure that focused on the main protagonist, to one that became heavily-laden with drama and tragedy, that seemed to shift away from the main protagonist somewhat.

D

Dr Kain

Given how bad Hibiki was in the first place, I highly doubt the "meddling" could have made the show bad. If anything, the show must have gone up. I'll find out someday though, because I'll give the show another try once someone subs DVD rips (I made it up to episdoe 17 when it first aired).

Given how bad Hibiki was in the first place, I highly doubt the "meddling" could have made the show bad. If anything, the show must have gone up. I'll find out someday though, because I'll give the show another try once someone subs DVD rips (I made it up to episdoe 17 when it first aired).
You... I... this doesn't even... how can you be so... I just... GAHHH! *brain explodes*

Aronbafon

Hibiki bad... I.. But... I.. I don't even...
tumblrldilm20bjh1qfu4th.png

Given how bad Hibiki was in the first place

Hey, the first half of Hibiki was decent at best...compare to those viewers who couldn't stand the first three episode and ran screaming over the hills proclaiming it sucked in 2005.:laugh:

However, given everything...watching both the first half and second half of Hibiki was like watching two different shows.:redface2: