Don't! Get! Eliminated!
The world is full of distractions today. You've got video games, TV, blockbuster movies...etc. The tokusatsu fan might have a hard time keeping up with all the good stuff coming out overseas (if they're WEAK tokusatsu fans, that is).

But seriously, what are you watching?
I'm going to list some tokusatsu shows and anime I can think of, some of the big ones. Feel free to add some non-toku shows you're keeping up with too!

And if you're feeling really loquacious...why these shows specifically?

-------------------

For me it's Yoshihiko and Akibaranger. I can't give up on how well put together and entertaining Akibaranger is, and I like it better than Kyoryuger for my weekly sentai flavoring. Yoshihiko has some of the best underwriting and portrayals of the lot though, and if you've ever played an old school JRPG it's worth a watch.

Last edited:
The new Tendou Souji
Wizard out of morbid curiosity but, my attention lies squarely with Akibaranger!

I'm relatively new to toku, having been a fan for about a year and a half, so I'm watching the new stuff I'm interested in while catching up with past shows.

I'm watching Kyoryuger (which I adore), Wizard, and Akibaranger as they're released and Juspion as it's translated.

Meanwhile, I'm also working my way through Jetman, OOO, and Go-Onger. I toss in the occasional Ecogainder to keep things fresh. I plan on following up those with Zyuranger, Kamen Rider Black, and Gavan.

I'm watching Wizard mainly out of habit, and so I get SOME Rider fix on a weekly basis. I don't hate it by any means, but I dunno how much I'm enjoying it either.

Garo is good stuff, but I miss practical effects. That, and Makai Senki blew my mind, so this season is kind of getting unfairly compared to that one. I miss Amemiya's work on the show, but it's still really good.

As for Kyoryu and Akiba, I have no qualifying statements to make for those. I love both of those shows with my entire being, and my week feels incomplete without them.

Watching Wizard, Akibaranger 2, and Attack on Titan because they range from awesome to pretty decent. And I'm also still watching Kyoryuger because I obviously hate myself.

Kyoryuger and Wizard for shizzie. I'm also catching up on Zyuranger and Kuuga :p

As for non-toku, Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" blew my mind with it's season premiere and I wait with baited aniticipation for each new ep.

Man of Action (creators of Ben 10 and Generator Rex) have put together a new Avengers cartoon called Avengers Assemble. Not bad, just don't like the voice for Iron Man. This adds to their nerd credentials with Ultimate Spiderman.

Nickelodeon's new Ninja Turtles is worth a look-see, believe it or not.

Saw Iron Man 3, next up is Star Trek, then Man of Steel, Thor... well, you get the picture :D

Aronbafon
I like how Attack on Titan is mentioned alongside five live action shows :laugh:
It's also the only one I'm not watching right now, at some point I'll just marathon and catch up.

I'm the new Century King!
Watching Garo(awsomeness) and Kyoruyger but still need to play some catch up on Wizard which im loving. I think it may just be I'm a little burnt out on the whole Kamen Rider formula that started with Den-o(2 episode story arcs and only one new rider per series that shows up in the late teens).

That guy in Japan
Currently watching Kyoryu, Wizard, Akiba, Jetman, and Ultraman Mebius.

Kyoryu: I know a lot of people hate it and I see why. At first, I watched it out of obligation because I share a first name with Kyouryu Black. But ever since Gold showed up, I feel the show has hit it's stride and is starting to have faith in it's characters rather than it's gimmick.

Wizard: I love everything about this series. I truly do not understand the hate or ambivalence this show gets. Sure, they cheap out of some of the CGI (Driver On effects always happening out of camera shot for example). But the characters are well done, the power set is awesome, the plot is really starting to come together, and the villains are wonderfully evil.

Akiba: It's akiba! I don't have to explain it.

Jetman: Working my way through this. It's not as good as Keith's fangasaming made it seem, but it's a solid series and I'm enjoying seeing how the franchise has evolved.

Mebius: If you like delightly corny tokusatsu with some great fight sequences and a good sense of franchise history, this is the series for you. It also turns a few toku tropes on it's head with it's focus on the humans wanting to defend the earth themselves without having to rely on Ultraman all the time and some effort to show what life might be like in a world where kaiju attacks are a real thing (Tokyo having a giant monster evacuation protocol for example). With Ultraman Ginga scheduled to air this summer. Mebius is a great introduction to the franchise.