The Last of Us, Episode 2 Review

Administrator
<p>I must admit that going into episode 2 of The Last Of Us, I was looking forward to gaining a greater understanding of the world in which fungus reigned supreme. Though I had some trepidation as the last time a fungus was featured in a big budget production as part of the live action Super Mario Bros movie in 1993, the results were less than stellar. In that bizarre film, the duo of plumber siblings were constantly being reminded to “trust the fungus”, a sentient goo, that by the film’s end was revealed to be the de-evolved monarch of the mushroom kingdom. Given the praise I heaped upon the first episode of The Last Of Us in my first review, I suppose there was no reason to doubt the power of the entertainment to come, though in the end, episode 2 may ultimately be considered filler, as opposed to a standout in the HBO Max series.</p>

The short intro in Indonesia barely have violence but it is the scariest part of the show so far. We see this woman who study mushrooms all her life and when she found out the amount of infection rate of the mushrooms and does her math, she said the only solution is to bomb the city. It brings chills and disturbness. The acting of that scene is so scary and sad.

This episode is filled with a variety of emotions that leave an impression on the audience. The terrible and heartbreaking death of Tess, one of the main characters, is felt by all who have grown to know and love her. Her death serves as a reminder of the harsh reality of the protagonists' world, as well as the fragility of life in a post-apocalyptic world.

Furthermore, Tess and Joel's bond is powerful and heartwarming, demonstrating the power of human connection even in the face of suffering. Their love story exemplifies the human spirit's tenacity and the unwavering yearning to find love and companionship even in the darkest of situations.

Stupid Manthing
Pedro Pascal, Anna Torv, and Bella all excel as actors, bringing to life the roles of Joel, Ellie, and Tess with remarkable realism. Their performances bring these characters' feelings and experiences to life, making them approachable and unforgettable. These three exceptional artists' acting abilities significantly improve the overall viewing experience of the show. They don't appear like their videogame counterparts, but they have the same spirit.

変わって欲しくないよ。
Glad they renewed this for season 2.

The second episode of The Last of Us provokes a strong emotional response from the Audience. Pedro Pascal as Joel, Anna Torv as Ellie, and Bella as Tess deliver stunning performances that thoroughly embody their different personalities, heightening the gravity of the events. The sense of pessimism and bleakness that pervades the episode can be extremely anxiety-inducing, prompting many viewers to cry. The episode takes the audience on an emotional roller coaster, leaving them exhausted yet still captivated.

Seriously Unserious
Ada Indonesia! Wow, Episode 2 is seriously lit with the presence of Christine Hakim! This woman is the Indonesian Meryl Streep, with NINE wins at Indonesia's equivalent of the Oscars! That's crazy impressive, right?! When you see her in the show, you'll understand why she's such a big deal. Her acting is just electric and she commands the scene every time she's on screen. And the best part? She's not a newcomer to Hollywood, she's worked with Julia Roberts before! The movie is called "Eat, Pray, Love". Even more impressive, Christine filmed her scenes during the pandemic, which makes her acting even more powerful and genuine. I am Indosesian so I am so proud of seeing someone from my country in the most popular show right now.

The transformation of the infected monsters in Episode 2 is truly frightening. The designs are beyond disturbing and they left me feeling scared and on edge. However, they don't bring anything new to the table in terms of fear. The thought of these creatures has left me with a deep sense of unease and I don't think I'll be able to eat mushrooms for weeks to come.

Bags are my passion
"The Last of Us" is a true masterpiece and deserves all the recognition in the world! The level of creativity and artistry in each episode is next level, and it's about time the rest of the world takes notice. Emmy's and Golden Globes better be ready, because this show is coming for all the awards! From the outstanding performances by the cast, to the gripping screenplay, top-notch direction and mind-blowing VFX, every aspect of this show is pure perfection.