Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tokusatsu

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Both

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters

Reimon

レイモン (雷蒙)
I noticed that not too many HJL members watch or discuss about anime more than Tokusatsu shows.

MattComix

Super Moderator
Both have their strengths and weaknesses, pros and cons, good eras and bad eras etc. Anime and tokusatsu also have had influence on each other over the course of their histories to greater or lesser degree.

Right now I'm enjoying vintage anime like Casshan and Daimos in addition to my toku viewing.

FreedomR8G6B1

Shin-O vs. Den-O, Abaranger 26, and Imajin/Taro are examples of the line between the two being blurred.:laugh:

PS: Quoth Narutaki..."This is also Decade's fault.":sweat:

Jacky392000

Open Your Amazons!
Tokusatsu all the way, followed by J-dramas. I appreciate real acting more than voice acting. I only watch animes which were adapted into live action series/movies, Death Note, Paradise Kiss etc.

Mr G

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
I've always been a big anime fan, but I really like toku as well. I tend to watch a mix of both.

Reimon

レイモン (雷蒙)
Yeah, same here. It's really fun when Anime shows get parodies on Toku shows in it like a mix-feeling into it.

Mr G

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
I was watching my FLCL blu-ray the other day and I noticed Naota's father saying something about Robo Keiji. Of course I'd never caught it before because it was quite a few years ago when I last watched it and I wasn't into toku. Now that I know about toku, the reference seems really cool. :laugh:

Galaxian

Lurker
Funny enough, as I mentioned before, anime got me into tokusatsu, during the last couple of months, I've watch more toku than anime.

Reimon

レイモン (雷蒙)
Tokusatsu all the way, followed by J-dramas. I appreciate real acting more than voice acting. I only watch animes which were adapted into live action series/movies, Death Note, Paradise Kiss etc.
Yeah, I sometimes to do that too.

Reimon

レイモン (雷蒙)
I noticed that both Anime & Tokusatsu sometimes have the same sound effects play during in the action scenes.

Reimon

レイモン (雷蒙)
Yeah, same here man. I with you. Anime keeps more entertaining during the weekdays when it's recently new with different shows. Unlike Tokusatsu usually have to wait for each Sunday to come out an episode.

DangerDang

Pony, please.
I'll always stick with tokusatsu. I do like anime at times, but it really depends. I also don't like how wildly popular the tropes in modern anime are, because I feel that toku is a bit higher-class. <.<

MattComix

Super Moderator
I watch both but recently it's been just Toku because none of the new anime has caught my interest :sweat:
I know the feeling. For awhile now it seems like everything that comes out is focused more on some arcane fetish than telling a story or doing something cool with animation.

Mastodon