Walking Dead Universe Roleplaying Game Coming Next Year

Staff member
The Walking Dead is finally coming to an end this weekend…well, sort of. There are plenty of spinoffs that will keep the brand alive, and some of them include characters from the original series. But if you want to make your own story, TWD will give you a “Game Master” divider screen and let you do that too.
Free League just announced the Walking Dead Universe Roleplaying Game, now in development for the fall of 2023. A Kickstarter for the game will launch next spring, offering early access to the Core Rulebook, a Starter Set, and other items that will be exclusive to the campaign. The rules of the game have not been announced, but it’s early.
Someone will more than likely broadcast their play sessions on the Internet, but AMC isn’t waiting, choosing to host their own. An actual play series will be filmed by AMC Digital Studios and then be made available on “the studios’ various distribution channels,” which could mean AMC might be broadcasting a tabletop gaming session for the...

Continue reading...

I will undoubtedly cheer for the Free League team. It appears that it will be a better fit for my group than T2K for the realistic post-apocalyptic game that we are playing. Free League, I am overjoyed that you are in control of this setting!

I can see Free League progressing to the next stage of their grand plan to dominate the role-playing game market. This is one of the most successful franchises they've ever licensed. I sincerely hope that this does not turn into a money grab. Put in some serious effort up front, introduce some new intellectual property, and then move on to the next. They'd better release expansion packs at some point in the future.

Walking Dead RPG comes out a bit late they should have made this during the show's prime, but there aren't many good zombie games out there, so I can see it doing well just because of that. These days, all I hear about is red markets. The idea that all meat must be eaten isn't really talked about anymore.The Vaesen version of the system is by far my favorite, and I think the conditions will work well for a soap opera-style story. This could be very good, but I'm not sure if I'd buy it. I might buy it if it's a good way to get a new system.

Magaman
This makes me pretty happy. For all the people who say it's too late, I'd say that The Walking Dead still has a huge fan base and that this will do well if it's just a good zombie game. Also, since the main series is coming to an end, this product should be able to include all of the lore from the main series while still leaving room for expansion through spinoffs that have already come out or will come out in the future. I just hope that we see things from the comics and not just from the shows.

fun bridge monkey
I believe that they are beginning to milk IP labels on their game engine. Which is proper. You are a bunch of sheep if you fall for this money scheme.

I've always desired to run a proper zombie campaign, and Free League nailed the dark and brooding, low-level atmosphere required for this. It is irrelevant to me how popular, tending, or relevant, Walking Dead is. Regardless of whether you draw inspiration from the television series, comic books, or other media, conducting a campaign from the breakout and beyond sounds simply wonderful.

JBO SLOT GAME ONLINE SLOT
My pessimistic attention is in figuring out how much Twilight 2000 the game resembles. The gameplay and feel of the game are very similar to how a Walking Dead game should feel and play, despite the lack of zombies.

Let me Carve your way
I am more of a Resident Evil fan but this looks like it has potential.