Blue SWAT would have made even less sense as a third season than Beetleborgs
I would have done for VR Troopers:
-Season 3. Winspector /Jiban
-4 Solbrain /Jiraiya
-5. Exceedraft /Jansperson
-6.Blue Swat.

The show couod have gone until at least four more seasons, unless Jiban and Jansperson were their own with Jiraiya. Why Jiraiya you might ask? Its virtual reality and a video game, so why not?

VR Troopers works backwards. Big Bad Beetleborgs works forwards. Here's the problem with VR Troopers, they work with cheesy live action Japanese kids shows from the early 80s when it was the early 90's. Barely any of the props exist. They had to depend on outdated stock footage.

VR Troopers works backwards. Big Bad Beetleborgs works forwards. Here's the problem with VR Troopers, they work with cheesy live action Japanese kids shows from the early 80s when it was the early 90's. Barely any of the props exist. They had to depend on outdated stock footage.

The use of B-Fighter would have made it so that they wouldn't have to use outdated material anymore.

Beetlborgs worked because B-Fighter had a sequel series and a Metal Hero Team Up...heck, they could've used Kabutack if they wanted to.

VRT, "virtually" pulled a Robotech...yet for some reason it worked...then the Shaider stuff was added in.:sly:

With that said...with Toei's revamp of the Space Sheriffs...might was well as use Type G and the others and do an New Gen VR Troopers...heck, have them team with Power Rangers since they just did it recently in Japan...lol

Why Jiraiya you might ask? Its virtual reality and a video game, so why not?

Saban has a tendency to f'ck up ninjas...let's not go there. I didn't mind Janperson and Gun Gibson being "Good Beetlborgs Monsters":sly:

Unless you want the dog or the nerd or perhaps the crazy boss that likes marshmellow nachos to turn into a heavy metal ninja.:laugh:

Last edited:
Saban has a tendency to f'ck up ninjas...let's not go there. I didn't mind Janperson and Gun Gibson being "Good Beetlborgs Monsters":sly:

Unless you want the dog or the nerd or perhaps the crazy boss that likes marshmellow nachos to turn into a heavy metal ninja.:laugh:

Why? If they f'ck up ninjas, wouldn't it be hilarious?

Also turning series about outer-space heroes into virtual heroes like the Matrix? They can easily do that.... now if these shows aired recently, they could totally pull of Supah Ninja crossover.

Why? If they f'ck up ninjas, wouldn't it be hilarious?

Also turning series about outer-space heroes into virtual heroes like the Matrix? They can easily do that.... now if these shows aired recently, they could totally pull of Supah Ninja crossover.

I blame Saban turning ninjas into fish...and Disney for injecting the X-Games into Ninjas (though they had a legitimate excuse...they owned ESPN)

Also turning series about outer-space heroes into virtual heroes like the Matrix?

I get it...Makuu Space makes a good backdrop for Grimlord's Virtual World. But must we get every Metal Hero involved...next thing you know...Saban will end up adapting Zaido.

...they could totally pull of Supah Ninja crossover.

Oh boy...:eyebrow:

I get it...Makuu Space makes a good backdrop for Grimlord's Virtual World. But must we get every Metal Hero involved...next thing you know...Saban will end up adapting Zaido.

Zaido isn't a metal hero and the effects, suit work and choreography are so crappy that it makes the early Saban era look like James Cameron's Avatar by comparison. I doubt Toei would allow them to use it. The choreography from modern Saban era almost parallels the Japanese version, and why woudl he want to devolve to something so......shoddy?

They would have to remaster the footage to a good quality [if not filmed in HD], but really, they might as well just make a new show that has better suits and effects work based on that premise. Because they seriously needed a Japanese designer and a budget for the suit, and to rid of the sopa opera element.

If Zaido was like the Bima or Armor Hero, I can see that , but that? Heck no. They might as well adapt Bima as a Power Rider.

Oh boy...:eyebrow:

Why not? We got crossovers in the Saban days with the Turtles. Better than crossing with Fred , Tuff Puppy, iCarly or other shows on the network.

The Ranger with the Cowbell

After rewatching both. To me it's this.

VR Troopers use too much stock footage, while BBB uses too little stock footage. Take the pilots for example. The bad guy in Beetleborgs doesn't show up, just the suits (don't know if it is stock or not but my guess is that it's not). In VR Troopers THE BIG BAD LAUNCHES AN ASSAULT ON EARTH RIGHT FROM THE GET GO. That lasts at least 5 minutes