lol Well that's in Adness' hands right? And I don't they'd be too thrilled too shoot out DVD's when the show tanked to begin with.

Wow, I didn't know that about VR Troopers. Didn't Space save the franchise, so I would have thought they had enough money to produce lost Galaxy.

Did Turbo dig that deep a hole or was Lost Galaxy such a big idea that they needed more money?

From what I understand, Adness no longer owns KRDK, but Toei does.

Believe it or not, the middle of Turbo was when ratings started to go up again. That was most likely because of the new guys.

Some kind of Beast mode
From what I understand, Adness no longer owns KRDK, but Toei does.

Believe it or not, the middle of Turbo was when ratings started to go up again. That was most likely because of the new guys.

I see, I see. As a kid I actually preferred the first group. lol

So if Toei owns the DK rights now, I can definitely see them dubbing it in the future. Like how they're dubbed SPD and now MysticForce. Thing is there would be a lot of actors to call back to dub their counterparts.

So if Toei owns the DK rights now, I can definitely see them dubbing it in the future. Like how they're dubbed SPD and now Mystic Force. Thing is there would be a lot of actors to call back to dub their counterparts.

They already did dub KRDK.

Wow, I didn't know that about VR Troopers. Didn't Space save the franchise, so I would have thought they had enough money to produce lost Galaxy.

Did Turbo dig that deep a hole or was Lost Galaxy such a big idea that they needed more money?
Apologies I got mixed up. It was Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog that got cancelled in favour of Lost Galaxy. It wasn't that they were in financial difficulties. They weren't planning on doing any more Power Rangers after In Space, but that season did much better than expected whereas Mystic Knights underperformed. They had the money already in place to do one show and decided that instead of doing a second season of Mystic Knights they should continue Power Rangers.

VR Troopers got cancelled in favour of Beetleborgs. They decided that rather than retool VRT yet again to allow them to use yet another 80s Metal Hero series' footage (it had already used three years' worth) to go with the more recent bug themed ones and use a different premise. But for something conceived as a solo vehicle for Jason David Frank that actually became something completely different, VRT didn't have a bad run.

So if Toei owns the DK rights now, I can definitely see them dubbing it in the future. Like how they're dubbed SPD and now MysticForce. Thing is there would be a lot of actors to call back to dub their counterparts.
Dragon Knight already has been dubbed into Japanese. Toei did it pretty much as soon as the series finished airing in the States. They got a bunch of KR alumni to do the voices - the actor who played Ren/Knight in Ryuki voices Len/Wing Knight in DK!

And yes, from what I've heard Storm Eagle is right and Turbo's ratings actually increased in the second half with the new team (having originally sunk at the start of the season). It was because of that increase that they got to do In Space rather than just being cancelled outright.

VR Troopers got cancelled in favour of Beetleborgs. They decided that rather than retool VRT yet again to allow them to use yet another 80s Metal Hero series' footage (it had already used three years' worth) to go with the more recent bug themed ones and use a different premise. But for something conceived as a solo vehicle for Jason David Frank that actually became something completely different, VRT didn't have a bad run.
I still can't help but wonder what a third VR Troopers season would be like, using B-Fighter footage and all that. When I watched BeetleBorgs on Netflix, I'd imagine what the footage would look like being used on VR Troopers. I also wonder how they'd use Gaohm (Vexor). Would he have been an additional villain to Grimlord's crew, or would he be a new Grimlord form? Things like that. I also wonder how VR Troopers would handle Black Beet (Shadowborg), the New B-Fighters (Astral Borgs) and B-Crushers (Mantrons).