Viewing Globe - Serious Talk For Serious People Such As Ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Moderator
And Angie, we need to hang out once more before you go far away! I found a video of Arashi being shown their first appearance on Music Station. It's pretty hysterical. :laugh:

Yes. Yes, we do. I'm off work tomorrow, by the way and will pretty much be home this entire week. So, just call me whenever you wanna come over.

And I think I've seen that episode~ They're so freaking embarrassed looking back. Ugh. The questionable taste of Johnny's wardrobe department.

Again with the hungry-making. :shakefist

And bra and pants are totally overrated. :laugh:

You... are not the first to tell me this. :p

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean that. :rofl:

Though it's giving me a pretty interesting visual right now... :loltongue:

What are you talking about? I was dead serious.
yociexp104.gif

Why am I such a grammar typo fail...? Orz

is it strange that I haven't read the Twelve Kingdoms...despite being Asian?

Nah. I actually didn't know about them for quite some time and picked them up because I was browsing through the manga section and went "... the ****? What's a novel doing in here?" The premise was really interesting so I gave it a shot and really loved the universe.

And Twelve Kingdoms is a Japanese novel with Chinese mythology elements. If it's strange not knowing about it just because you're Asian, then it would be strange for someone not knowing who, say Green Lantern or Daredevil is just because they're "white".

(I really have no idea if that's even a proper comparison, but I'm going with it!)

(PS. It's actually a little irksome when I hear something similar to "Oh, you should know this random Asian thing because, you know, you're Asian." No, fucker, I am not an expert on all things Orient just because my ethnic background just so happens to be in that general area. I don't expect you to be an expert on all things Occident, now do I?)

(PPS. By the way, DK, that's wasn't aimed at you at all. It's just a general peeve.)

---

Also, BBC's Sherlock can totally get it. I love intelligent, attractive, and eccentric men.

There's a Brotip advice somewhere that when a girl says she likes "nerds" what she really means is she likes attractive men with glasses; don't break out the Yu Gi Oh cards yet.

Seriously though, if he was an attractive man with glasses and he broke out the Yu Gi Oh cards. It's a wrap.

Here. Have my dignity and my pants. Enjoy it.

nosebleed-1.gif

... And this is where I'll shut up for a few months now and go work out to let off excessive pent up energy.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
You killed a monkey!!! :O_O:

And I might have to take you up on that, if not tomorrow than sometime this week. I think Friday's the only weekday I couldn't, though this weekend will be crazy, with a wedding, a birthday party and a gig. I hope I don't keel over! :laugh:

Super Moderator
You killed a monkey!!! :O_O:

And I might have to take you up on that, if not tomorrow than sometime this week. I think Friday's the only weekday I couldn't, though this weekend will be crazy, with a wedding, a birthday party and a gig. I hope I don't keel over! :laugh:

Killed a monkey... with nosebleeds!

Maybe I should also get you a spare white and red bandanna with "FIGHTING SPIRIT" written in kanji...

I checked off only two items from my To Do List today and that was "Make croquettes" and "Download New Episodes of Sherlock".

Just from my "Home" To Do List, I still have:

• Laundry (Wash, Dry, Fold, Put Away)
  • Dishes in apartment
  • Organize shoes & shoe rack
  • Clean bathroom (shower, sink, toilet, floor... everything... T^T)
  • Find where the hell the lid to the cat food container is...
  • Take broken stuff to electronic recycling
  • Send packages to besties on the other side of the damn country
  • PCC class registration checks
  • Vaccum and wash floors in the apartment
  • Wash bed linens
  • Give away last bags of bacon to bacon loving friends

And I say "Home" because it totally does not include the To Do List I need to check off for work... and Warcraft raid night (Wednesday) ... and attending the civil wedding of two of my best friends (Thursday).... And all MUST be done before I leave on the 21st.*cries*

Thank goodness it's a respectable national holiday tomorrow~

Aronbafon
I haven't seen the BBC version of Sherlock but I like Robert Downey as Sherlock Holmes in the recent movies. He really knows how to steal a movie :laugh:

Banned
I need to get some culture in me today...but how? :eyebrow:

Could go and buy some Edo's, brew a tea and watch RSC's production of Hamlet that had David Tennent and Patrick Stewart in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.