Viewing Globe - Serious Talk For Serious People Such As Ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I've been reading a lot lately since I got so much down time at work. I finished Night of the Living Trekkies someone gave me a year ago. Finished some smaller books I had bought for cheap (one was an Irish legend adaptation, The Goblin of Tara) so I ran out of books I had left unread (not counting my two tiny Doctor Who books I got with the official Magazine once, but I'm keeping those as backup)... so I went to the used books store next door :p

got me a Jules Verne book, the one with the trip to the moon. The subtle mocking of other and stuff is fun :p

I also got City of Pearl by Karen Traviss. I was looking at the ton of sci-fi book there was on the shelf feeling completely lost and that one sorta jumped at me. Read the back and it seemed interesting. I almost went through during the last three shifts, and just today I went to buy the sequel as it is part of a trilogy of book. Really fun.

Angie if you want to read something fun and somewhat fluffy but with solid literary basis and an author that knows her stuff you should give a try to the Wonderous Strange trilogy by Lesley Livingston. It's the most girly books I own :laugh: but I still find them awesome. Great use of celtic and briton myths with the Fair Folks and all that wicked fae goodness. Written by a Shakespearean scholar too.

I need to find more Twelve Kingdoms books. I stopped after the fourth one myself.

I never understood it either. I always wondered what kind of drugs there were on when they decided to do such things. Id never do it. Im to blessed to not have the support.

It actually never happened. I forgot if I read it at Cracked or in Mental_Floss but there never was actual bra burning. Throwing bra in a trash can yes but pulling out bra from under their clothes and burning them? Nope. Never happened.

Theirs girls like that. Just sadly none of the guys we seem to click with live near any of us. ;_; Fate is cruel i tell ya.

I feel the same way about a lot of girls I meet online ><

I don't enough enough single females around here and I'm feeling lonely ;_;

Do you get free coffee? If you do, I picture you running all over the place all day like Speedy Gondolas. :laugh:

:eyebrow: you ever actually watched a Speedy short? It's GONZALES. Speedy Gonzales.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atSDis5GsY4"]Merrie Melodies - Pizarriba - YouTube[/ame]

変わって欲しくないよ。
I only go to Starbucks for their rice-treats thing. LOVE THEM. Until it gets too sweet, and my mouth begins to sting.

I've never had those! I had a couple of the cake pops though. OH MY GOD how did I live without them :wub:
( is there anything sweet I don't like? the answer is NO )

PARTY HARD
I also can't seem to stand things that are TOO sweet. Like caramel. I get this stinging tingly feeling in my mouth that I need to wash away quickly. It's only stuff like caramel and not-dark Chocolate.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
Start my new position tomorrow... Felt sick to my stomach today. Not good. I'm hopeful it's just nerves, because I can't just decide not to go into work tomorrow. *sigh*

And Angie, we need to hang out once more before you go far away! I found a video of Arashi being shown their first appearance on Music Station. It's pretty hysterical. :laugh:

Aaand.... after finally waking up end-Sherlock marathon pass out, pants. I need to get pants (and a bra) so I can properly walk down my block to pick up my grilled organic chicken panini with carmelized onions from my favorite cafe.

Yes. Bra and pants.... I swear, they must exist somewhere...

Again with the hungry-making. :shakefist

And bra and pants are totally overrated. :laugh:

Thankfully, I seem to manage keeping my pants and bra all in the same general area (and more thankfully, I try to keep multiple kinds of it so I can just grab and go as I please.)

I throw mine back in the drawer when I take them off, so it's easy to find them again the next time I need them. :laugh:

Personally, I find it incredibly confidence boosting when I'm wearing my favorite pink satin and lace undergarments over my conservative work clothes. There's also the added bonus of the right kind of undergarments can make or break an outfit (like how many girls do you see with lumpy looking boobs because they don't have the right bra on?)

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean that. :rofl:

Though it's giving me a pretty interesting visual right now... :loltongue:

I need some new books. I'm tired of the ones in my little library. Got one for Christmas I barely cracked the spine on. :sweat: and i'm usually done with books as soon as I get them.

I need new books as well. I was looking at my shelf and its 100+ books and realizing I didn't feel like reading any of them. :disappoin

I still have Storm of Swords (third book in the Song of Ice and Fire series) to get through. I also have the Mistborn series Blade lent me and the fourth book in the Twelve Kingdoms series that I bought over a year ago, which I haven't read as a whole in so long that I may feel out of touch with the universe it's set in.

Gah. This 50 book challenge is really going to be one~

Huh. I haven't read any of those. Well, except for Mistborn, of course. Never even heard of Twelve Kingdoms... *googles*

Also, to add to the coffee convo, I can't drink coffee. No matter what. Not even fraps. I get sick right after consumption.

Me either. Worked at Starbucks for 5 years and still can't handle coffee. Don't like the taste of it straight, and even drinking the occasional latte does a number on my stomach. Luckily, they have chai. :thumbs: Otherwise I wouldn't have survived working there as long as I did. Meant it was really hard to go cold turkey on it when I quit though, going from from 5 15-oz chai lattes a day to zero was painful. :redface2:

It's a typo, so sue me. :redface2:

At least it's a funny one! :laugh:

...And this is why I shouldn't take weekends off HJU. :p

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
The Twelve Kingdom series is pretty cool. I read the first four books and really need to find more. It's a really fascinating universe and goes deep into the head of the characters.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Man it's COLD!

-21 C, windchil of -32 C (was -34 half an hour ago...) or if you prefer -6 F and windchil of -26 F. I need to go hide in my bed.

is it strange that I haven't read the Twelve Kingdoms...despite being Asian?

Not really no.

In Justice, We Trust!
Tried googling it, and my searches keeps bringing me to the novels by Fuyumi Ono, is that the one you're talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.