Supreme Court rules the banning the sale of "violent" games to minors as unconstitutional.

After more than six months considering it, the Supreme Court finally ruled in favor of the video game industry, thus extending the First Amendment's protection to video games.

Aren't they fucking slow. It doesn't take 9 geniuses to know that it is a form of expression . If it took them this long to make something trivial like that protected, how can we trust these bozos for REAL issues like finally putting a boot up the States' asses and make gay marriage and marijuana legal for those who've been waiting their entire lives to be married and for those who need the plant to lessen their physical pain from cancer and chemo.

The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
I`m glad the court made the right decision.But unfortunately, some other state will try to pass another law similiar to the California bill and the vicious cycle will continue.

Lurker
Aren't they fucking slow. It doesn't take 9 geniuses to know that it is a form of expression . If it took them this long to make something trivial like that protected, how can we trust these bozos for REAL issues like finally putting a boot up the States' asses and make gay marriage and marijuana legal for those who've been waiting their entire lives to be married and for those who need the plant to lessen their physical pain from cancer and chemo.

Well the argument is if something as unique and engaging as video games can be be consider freedom of speech if the consumer is the one acting it out, in the game, and not the creator/developer. Also, this law talked about Children, which immediately deploys several brakes on a fast decision.

Also, I think the Supreme Court cannot force a state to past a law, it can only revoke it.

I`m glad the court made the right decision.But unfortunately, some other state will try to pass another law similiar to the California bill and the vicious cycle will continue.

The idea is that other states can't do that anymore because video games are now regarded as free speech under the US Constitution.

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Banned
This reminds me of when that douche Roger Ebert tried to say that "video games can not be art".