Video Game LoFi: Super Mario 64 Coming From Curaga Records

Staff member
Super Mario 64 has a great soundtrack — the Dire Dire Docks track is one of this reporter’s personal favorite video game melodies. Given how chill most of the tracks are, it would be no stretch to deliberately cover them in the LoFi genre. Music Label Curaga Records has done just that with their new Mario 64-based album, brought to us by artist 88bit and Save Point.
“This was a truly collaborative effort,” says artist 88bit, “I’m so glad Save Point approached me about making this with him. This album gave me an opportunity to take the Super Mario 64 songs and reshape and present them in a new light – chill lo-fi.”
“We wanted to be as authentic as we possibly could with this album and I love the final result. We only used analog synths, the Prophet 5 and Novation Peak, to really capture that warm feeling. Each track has live piano, guitar, and percussion. I wanted these tracks to feel like you’re having a genuine conversation with an old friend. It really felt like 88bit and I were...

Continue reading...

Entertainment Enthusiast
When you say Lofi, You are talking about those slowed downed songs? They are popular to the ASMR community.