Video Game genres that died down that should make a comeback!

Administrator
Staff member
Video Game genres is not as diverse at it use to be.  Many genre of games died down because  they don’t sell anymore. You might see some random indie developer trying to revive the genre but didn’t catch steam.  The most popular genres theses days are  First person shooters, asymmetric multiplayer games, 3rd person shooters, Puzzle games, RPG and  sports. Fighting games , Arena Fighters, visual novels and  Hack N slash still have a decent fanbase. There are some game genres though that  Zoomers never knew existed. Platformers are not as popular as it use to be but at least kids knows who Mario is.  The zoomers most likely don’t know these game genres.
Full Motion video (FMV)
If you enjoyed games like  Telltale’s the Walking dead,Life is Strange and Until Dawn, then FMV is their predecessor. FMVs are live action interactive movies and the fate of the characters are based on decisions you made. Most of them are of horror genre. Most of them are PC games but some of them did have ...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
6th Ranger
Capcom needs to make a new Final Fight Game! Cody, Guy,Lucia and Poison are still relevant thanks to Street Fighter. Imagine if they add Kimberly,Kyle and Zeku to a new Final Fight Game.

Thanks to Indie game developers side scroller beat em ups already made a comeback. There is still a demand for them especially with 80s nostalgia being a trend right now. You can never go wrong with a bit of blast from the past.

Railroad shooters use to be my jam too. it is fun playing them with family and friends. First person shooters have a wider appeal so it killed of the railroad shooters.

Bringing you the best of theater
I miss railroad shooters because I dont need to walk, I just need to focus on the shooting. First person shooters requires me running and walking. I hated walking controls.