Velma: 2 versions, Choose your Poison

Administrator
Staff member
Velma is the latest character used for Publicity Stunt. In the mainstream Scooby Doo timeline, Velma is now out and proud gay. The inspiration for this is back in the early 2000s. James Gunn, the then-director of live-action Scooby-Doo movies tried to make her gay. The studio, however, opted to tone it down because of the new era.
Velma was not originally Lesbian.
She even dated Shaggy at one point but she is popular with the LGBTQ+ community. Due to the constant rebooting of Scooby Doo, I recall that many men got introduced as her boyfriend in various timelines. When fans found out that James Gunn tried to make her Lesbian the fanbase started to show interest to make her one. From fan fiction to fan art, there seems to be an interest. She also dated Johnny Bravo but that is the past. The Director of the She-ra Netflix Reboot said she...

Continue reading...

AMAWEMEN Hear me roar!
Wow it goes full circle because Hayley Kyoko, Once of the live action Velma actresses is Gay in real life. So is it time for her to reprise the role now Velma aligns with her sexuality? Yes I think so!

#GetLaid
I believe they decided to go with Velma because Some fans ships Daphne to Shaggy while others ships Daphne to Fred. I also did see her popularity to Lesbians, I had seen some lesbians online who said their first cartoon Crush is Velma.

Entertainment Enthusiast
Republican YouTube Vloggers probably have foaming mouths now.🤣 Twitter is a cesspool at this moment because of the culture wars.

I hate WOKE trash
Believe it or not, I'm not even a Scooby Doo fan. But at this point, it's beyond the pale of criminal damage. Who in the executive board's right mind would have proposed an adult-themed Velma series? Especially considering that Infinity Train was just canceled. This is a thoughtful and moving original cartoon that they canceled. You might as well just make it your own original series if you're only going to use one Scooby Doo character and your target audience is completely different.

She took the kids Ryu
Actually, it's quite impressive that they were able to create a trailer that spends nearly two minutes doing nothing but insulting the source material and the fans. The trailer is actively seeking out negative feedback. Nowadays, more people dislike than like TV and movie trailers on YouTube. Sure, Why Not The mainstream media begged for its concealment.

They scrapped plans to bring back BTAS because of this? How did this show make it through the merger when so many other great ones on HBO Max were cancelled? As a result, viewers must decide whether they prefer Lesbian Velma or Racially Ambiguous Velma.

You Don't talk about!
How they managed to address the biggest fan complaint about "woke" media reboots in a show like this is beyond me.

The wheel of fate turns, and another reboot is about to bite the dust. They seem to take great pleasure in financial hardship. There will likely be research done on this phenomenon in the future because of how intriguing it is. What happens when a business decides that anyone who doesn't like their terrible product must be an enemy. When the response to a show is negative, rather than considering that perhaps the story they made was pointless and nobody wants to watch it, they resort to the ace of "isms" rather than consider the possibility that maybe the story they made was pointless and nobody wants to watch it. Racebending is their shield from negative criticisms.