General Discussion Using The Phone

When I was younger, I never really liked it when my mother would put me on the phone with people or whatever. But I didn't hate it or find it difficult. As I got older, I began to avoid the phone. I hated when people called me and when I had to make calls myself.

I am even older now, and I have developed a pesky stutter. I can usually control it when I am talking to someone or people face to face, but over the phone? FORGET about it. I stutter uncontrollably over the phone and I just hate using the phone.

Some of my friends want to get in from work, get me on the phone, and talk to me for hours, and I just don't want to. I think that some of my friends are getting annoyed with this quality of mine, But whatever. We were born alone. We gone die along lmao!!! I am a loner anyway, so if I lose these friends due to this, I will be absolutely fabulous.

Has anybody else ever had such difficulties with using the phone?

My boyfriend has a lot troubles when talking on the phone, he told me he hates it because he isn't good at detecting people's moods or emotions on the phone. So he avoids talking on the phone, he's an introvert just like I am.

I also dislike talking on the phone, because I know that if I answer... I'll have to wait until the other person hangs up, I don't like calling people either, because I'm afraid I might not be calling during a good time and I might actually be disturbing them. So I avoid doing this. I guess I do suffer from some sort of social anxiety.

My boyfriend has a lot troubles when talking on the phone, he told me he hates it because he isn't good at detecting people's moods or emotions on the phone. So he avoids talking on the phone, he's an introvert just like I am.

I also dislike talking on the phone, because I know that if I answer... I'll have to wait until the other person hangs up, I don't like calling people either, because I'm afraid I might not be calling during a good time and I might actually be disturbing them. So I avoid doing this. I guess I do suffer from some sort of social anxiety.

I am not an introvert alone. I can be an extrovert and an introvert, so I guess I'd call myself an ambivert.

I have always thought that the reason for my difficulties over the phone were due to the fact that I couldn't detect people's emotions over the phone, but I have concluded that that isn't really the problem. Sometimes the problem is that I CAN read emotions and such over the phone.

I got over my social anxiety, but I am a Libra so the social butterfly thing came naturally to me anyway, despite the social anxiety. when I began to see a therapist for it, she told me that I was mighty confident for someone with social anxiety, and I thought that that was a little shallow of her to say because we learn to be fake as hell in the world that we live in. it is a way of coping.

I think we all have a bit of both ;) but only one of them is really dominating. For me it would be the introverted bit, because G-d knows how drained I feel after a social gathering. I'm more of a loner, and I can live happily that way :) A lot people often assume I have a very high concept of myself because of the behaviours linked to this... but that's so far from the truth.

Right now I feel insecure as hell about my appeareance as a result of the health issue I've been struggling with for nearly 3 years now, but just like you I learn to fake some confidence when really needed :) Sometimes you just have to do it... or else the others will eat you alive. I don't want to show my vulnerabilities to anyone... most people want to take adventage of that somehow. I've met very few people who don't.

I think we all have a bit of both ;) but only one of them is really dominating. For me it would be the introverted bit, because G-d knows how drained I feel after a social gathering. I'm more of a loner, and I can live happily that way :) A lot people often assume I have a very high concept of myself because of the behaviours linked to this... but that's so far from the truth.

Right now I feel insecure as hell about my appeareance as a result of the health issue I've been struggling with for nearly 3 years now, but just like you I learn to fake some confidence when really needed :) Sometimes you just have to do it... or else the others will eat you alive. I don't want to show my vulnerabilities to anyone... most people want to take adventage of that somehow. I've met very few people who don't.

It depdns what frame of mind I am when I go into a social gathering as to whether or not I feel drained, and it also depends on what happens at the social gathering as to whether or not I would be drained. If I am feeling invincible and on top of the world, nothing sticks to me. Someone could tell me that their kid died and I would be able to handle it, but other times I am just not up to going out. Those would be the times when it would drain me. I am a loner too, but then once again I am a Libra and I am the scales. So the potential to be equally a loner and equally an out there person is there

I do have high concepts of myself, but most of it is that I am very sensitive. I am a sensitive person, who really needs to pick and choose when I spend my time with others and who I spend that time with.

I hear you on the vulnerability thing. Also, I know that people are a lot less empathetic than I am, so if I am always being vulnerable with them, they may quickly eventually find it annoying.