K

KamenRiderBritannia

Looks like an old users account has been hacked. Got a message from Kamen Rider Todoroki entitled "Hi" and it contained a generic spam message with a link to a website in it.

The message was as follows

"How to earn a lot of money just sitting in front of your computer? I want to tell you an wonderful story about possibilities of the Internet. Dont lose your unique chance. Get to know more on the http://topmoney1.rnrnh.com"

I have reported the message to admin but just thought it would be worth posting this thread for everyone to see

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
5 members in total have reported receiving the message. Obviously, if any more receive it, let the staff know by using the "Report" function, and then delete the PM from your Inbox.

Do NOT click the link that is included in the PM. If anything, that may be how Kamen Rider Todoroki's account got linked with this (i.e. s/he likely got the same PM somewhere else, like from an e-mail or from another forum, and clicked it out of curiosity; or someone else that s/he knows got the PM and clicked the link, and the bot that is associated with it managed to work it's way here to send those PMs to members here). So yeah, do NOT click the link that's included with that PM, otherwise your account may be the next one hacked/used to send these PMs.

Since it did use a real member's account to send the PMs, we do not want to just drop the banhammer like we normally do with the usual bots that we run into on a daily basis. Obviously since it's the weekend, not everyone on staff (particularly the ones who are our tech people) is available. The fact that it's Super Bowl weekend doesn't help matters. Just rest assured that we are aware of it, and we'll see what we can do about it.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Ok, so another 2 people have now reported getting the PM, so even though I didn't really want to, and even though we know that the account is from a real person (and was not made by a spambot), I've gone ahead and banned Kamen Rider Todoroki's account. Hopefully this takes care of this particular situation. If Todoroki is still lurking here, or if s/he returns here sometime in the future, s/he can still email any one of the staff to find out why his/her account is banned.

American Tokusatsu!!!
I got that e-mail from the same user, it was several days ago though, probably before you banned the account; I did click the link unfortunately, but I deleted it afterward.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
I did click the link unfortunately
Apparently now is the time I have to be blunt.

That was a dumb move on your part. Deleting the message after you clicked the link doesn't change the fact that you already clicked the link. It's like being given a timer for a bomb and being told to throw it away without turning it on. You've basically decided to turn it on anyway before you threw it out, and then you expect it to not be/think it won't be a problem?

Again, time to be blunt. By clicking an unknown link being sent to you by someone that you do not know and have never met (online or in person) could may have very well made your computer susceptible to a bot or, even worse, a virus. It may sound like I'm blowing things out of proportion and/or being all "doomsday" about it, but make no mistake, you admitted that you clicked the link, and because of that, I could be right.

There are a couple of things that you're going to want to do, if you haven't done them already:

1. Immediately run your anti-virus software and do a scan to make sure you didn't **** yourself over by clicking that virus. If your anti-virus software detects and shows you anything out of the ordinary popping up, take care of it.

2. Immediately change your user password here on HJU and on any other forums you're on.

And in the future, if you EVER receive a PM, e-mail, Facebook message, etc. from some account that you do not recognize, and if that message includes a link that the account wants/asks you to click.....use some common sense. Delete it immediately and, more importantly, DON'T CLICK THE LINK.

In Justice, We Trust!
I got that e-mail from the same user, it was several days ago though, probably before you banned the account; I did click the link unfortunately, but I deleted it afterward.

To add to what JFC said, it might be a good idea to change your e-mail and password just as a precaution.

The ultimate Toku FAN OF DA CENTURY
I was one of the people that got the message. What's even weirder is that the user in question has a banned tag on his user profile.

He didn't have a banned tag before. JFC just banned him when he got enough evidence.

I click on all those links, too, because everyone in the internet is so trustworthy. I have an ongoing business proposal with my friend the Nigerian prince.

EDIT: Just got the "tried to log in" e-mail. IP is 183.207.228.2

Last edited: