I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast-RX! 035 Get a Real Job!

Subject: Kamen Rider Gaim 03-04

Hosts: GomessQ, Grimmhelm, IllusClaire, Mewzard and Pez

After a little taste of Neo-Kabukicho, a similarly broken off from the rest of the world city starring Kazuki Namioka/Sid the Lock Seed Dealer, we are back to talk about all the stuff going down in Zawame City and Helheim forest. Four episodes in and Urobuchi has the unKamenCrew hotly debating Akira’s non-ordinate bombshell from episode 3. We also discuss how Kaito is actually making this show about “Warring States,†how much of a chump Kouta is, Mitch’s dark undertones and Mai’s jealousy and dislike of Kouta butting back into the dance gang scene.

Subscribe for iTunes

Feed RSS For your podcatcher of choice!

Check out some extra content on the Tumblr

Enjoy!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast-RX! 036

Subject: Kamen Rider X Super Sentai X Space Sheriff (or something) Super Hero Taisen Z

Hosts: IllusClaire, GomessQ, Grimmhelm, Mewzard, and Pez

The unKamenCrew tackles the Super Hero Wars sequel. Long story short: the power couple didn’t really like it at all (not even their first watch through) while the other three soured on it more during the second viewing. Pez especially irritated with NOT-Shadowmoon being beaten by the Sambasaur Rangers. If nothing else, it was mostly better than SHT and fun enough to rip on.

Spoliers: The Space Spiderman (and Ikadevil) redesign is possibly the best thing in this movie.

Hey listeners, enter our contest

RULES:

1) PICK A THEME, any theme. You can pluck something out of the air, or think about sentai/kamen rider themes that exist and try to make it really good.
2) THINK OF SOME TEAMS OR RIDERS who adhere to this theme. Either try and make it really solid, or bluff a really terrible theme. If you decide to bluff, I want to see proper Kevin Bacon style justifications as to why this TOTALLY DOES WORK. Expend effort.
3) WRITE UP YOUR TEAMS
4) THINK OF A GOOD TITLE.
5) THINK OF AN ENEMY or situation for them to overcome. Thematically.
6) win prizes & gold*
Subscribe for iTunes

Enjoy!

*Of some sort. Possibly chocolate. Hanukkah is just around the corner so Pez is flush with gelt.

ENJOY!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast-RX! 037 It's Micchy, NOT Mitch

Subject: Kamen Rider Gaim 05

Hosts: GomessQ, Grimmhelm, IllusClaire, Mewzard and Pez

So this may be the worst episode EVER for Kamen Rider Gaim. We more or less conclude that but take an interesting road to get there. Along the way GomessQ and IllusClaire give Pez a hard time about not knowing the words to a Queen song while Grimmhelm stays silent on the subject and Mewzard possibly misrepresents his knowledge of their vaunted catalogue. We also touch on offensive stereotypes, which is probably something to expect in the next Gaim episode.

RULES:
1) PICK A THEME, any theme. You can pluck something out of the air, or think about sentai/kamen rider themes that exist and try to make it really good.
2) THINK OF SOME TEAMS OR RIDERS who adhere to this theme. Either try and make it really solid, or bluff a really terrible theme. If you decide to bluff, I want to see proper Kevin Bacon style justifications as to why this TOTALLY DOES WORK. Expend effort.
3) WRITE UP YOUR TEAMS
6) win prizes & gold*
Subscribe for iTunes
Enjoy!

*Of some sort. Possibly chocolate. Hanukkah is just around the corner so Pez is flush with gelt.

ENJOY!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast RX! 038 Of Acquired Tastes

Subject: Kamen Rider Gaim 06

Hosts: Grimmhelm, Mewzard and Pez

In a shocking turn of events, the Pierre Alfonso Oren character isn’t a huge blatantly offensive smear against anyone in the LGBT community… I think. This particular CIS trio wasn’t anyway. Let’s us know if we’re nuts (pun really not intended). A lot more than potential queer bashing happens in this episode, Kaito’s Alliance falls apart, the Nutty Duo strike out on their own and a real live adult who has been to war steps into this so-called game and shakes things up, he may even get a little meta about the show in his soliloquy. This could be very good if Urobuchi keeps it up.

RULES:

3) WRITE UP YOUR TEAMS

6) win prizes & gold*

Subscribe for iTunes

ENJOY!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast RX! 039 Giving Thanks

Subject: We give thanks for some Toku-goodness

The Holidays are great and stressful and exciting and tiring. They also don’t apply universally, so the unKamenCrew decided to set up a fun, light episode for Thanksgiving week and we’re determined to bowl you over next week with a double-dose of Gaim. We discuss MANY things thus episode, tangents ahoy, but it’s all woven together artfully into a tapestry of love such as one might use to survive a harsh winter or wrap around oneself while trying to escape family relations. Either way, we hope you enjoy!

Oh, and Bear Arms

RULES:

3) WRITE UP YOUR TEAMS

6) win prizes & gold*

Subscribe for iTunes

Enjoy!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast RX! 040 "Here's Gallagher!"

Subject: Kamen Rider Gaim 07 and 08

Things happen with Pierre which may change perspectives on him and Urobuchi as well. These two episodes show that the trajectory for this story is a little all over the place. Some good things happen, but the overall enjoyment does definitely get dragged down by odd missteps. We discuss matters of taste and preference regarding Mecha, subtle character performances and choreography.

RULES:

3) WRITE UP YOUR TEAMS

6) win prizes & gold*

Subscribe for iTunes

Enjoy!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast RX! 041 Batty for Fruit!

Subject: Kamen Rider Gaim 09

Unfortunately Claire and Tod have angered nature herself and are thus being punished. Will they ever return? Who knows! While they’re gone, listen to the original unKamenCrew dish on the latest Gaim. This was a fun little episode. Much to say there is about Mitchy, Kouta, Mai and that big steamy jerk Takatora. We had a lot of fun.

RULES:

3) WRITE UP YOUR TEAMS

6) win prizes & gold*

Subscribe for iTunes

Enjoy!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
Special RX 003: Kamen Rider World Kamentary

Subject: Kamen Rider World

We do a little Special RX/Kamentary because Claire and Tod are almost back and Pez is sick as a dog. It’s short, but it’s fun. check it out yo!

RULES:

3) WRITE UP YOUR TEAMS

6) win prizes & gold*

Subscribe for iTunes

Enjoy!

I am KamenRiderPEZ
unKamenCast-RX! 042 The Good, the Bad, and the Wacky Part 1

Subject: Kamen Rider OOO Q1 Episodes 1-14 + Movie War Core

Hosts: Grimmhelm, Mewzard and Pez, featuring GomessQ!

So, after a long break from Quarterly episodes, the unKamenCrew is back to go in depth on discussions of Medallic monsters, formerly wandering heroes, and happy birthdays. As with W, Pez is new to the show so, you get to laugh at his ignorance of future events or be thrilled and delighted by the prescience of the perceptions he draws from Kobayashi’s writing. Grimmhelm and Mewzard lovingly sigh over the glory that they now to be OOO and share some deeper insights based on their foreknowledge. One last thing, Pez says Ankh is a huge jerk.

We hope our discussion leaves you wanting more!

Enjoy!

Subscribe for iTunes

Last edited:
Jan Van Hoesen judged the first piece I ever entered in competition which had quite an impact on me. She was an incredible gift to our industry. May she rest in eternal peace.