[GAME] Unhallowed Metropolis: City of Shadows Episode 1: Volatile Mix

“I’m afraid I never studied canine breeds so can’t really say. Modern medicine can be both amazing and horrifying so I doubt the veterinarians are far behind us.â€

Duncan replied to victor with a subtle hint of sarcasm to his tone of voice. Perhaps it was just an act but he seemed completely unimpressed by the large dog and reacted to its presence as any other dog. The doctor remained silent for a brief period as Ben and Ness conversed. When the mourner brought up the question of their current investigation, Duncan decided to bring up the results of his research.

“Well I’ve examined the freakish animates corpse and I can confirm it was the product of galvanic science ruling out any possibility that this is a natural occurrence. What I suggest is capturing a living sample of these galvanic animates, I may be able to identify vulnerability or possibly even the creator from research on hand. As for locating such a sample perhaps if we compare where previous attack occurred with a map of Arkham’s sewers we can pinpoint just what sewer routes are being used to transport the animates.â€

“Galvanic-powered zombies,†Irene murmured, “that’s a new one. Almost like something out of a horror novel. Still, the doctor does have a point. If we have a map, we should be able to puzzle out the connection between where the attacks have happened.†A pause. “Does anybody here happen to have a map on them?â€

Ness clears her throat delicately before pulling out from her pocket a folded map and holding it up. “I want to be part or at least get some answersâ€

From under her veil the others can see the faintest hints of a smirk and Tiny looks excited, waging his tail fast enough to create a small breeze

Lurker
"Well Doc if you want to catch one of those things alive I can do that, I usually shoot'em dead but I got the equipment to bring in a live one, provided we can find one. " Vic told the doctor as the group continued to attempt to cobble together some form of plan. "Ness right? Consider what I saw ya do with those blades I dont think anyone is gonna object to having you around."

"All right considering all our options were probably better off splitting up to cover all the bases. I got contacts throughout the city, we can use them to relay messages back an forth if needed we just gotta figure out who is going where, and what they are doing." he said, having mulled it over for a bit.

"So uhhh I guess me and Doc will handle tracking down another big one and bringing it in alive, Ben here already decided he wants to go down into the whole. Now we just need to figure out what Nathaniel, Irene and our mourner friend here wanna do. "

Nathaniel pondered his options silently. Turning to the mourner, Ness, he bowed politely. "I am Nathaniel. I wish to thank you for the assistance you gave during the battle. It was most impressive and welcome."

Nathaniel turned to Victor. "I suggest we stay in groups of two or more. No single person... that won't end well." He paused a moment to survey the group before flashing a grin at Ben. "With that said, I will journey with Ben and explore the hole."

Last edited:
“Well, sounds like you’ve got a good head on your shoulders,†said Irene, giving Nathaniel a flirtatious look. “If you’re going down into the depths with soldier boy and Mister Darville is accompanying the doctor, then I suppose that leaves myself, Miss Ness and her…mascot, to canvas the area and see what information we can glean that way. All agreed?â€

Lurker
"Looks like we got things figured out then. We got Ben and Nathaniel going into the sewer to find where the dead heads came from. Me and Doc will stake out areas ,according to Blackwood, will likely be attacked next to try and bring down one of those big ones and the gals will be gathering info for us. Lets meet back here at five or six or something like that. " Vic said, mostly for his own benefit so he wouldn't forget. "Oh!" he began rummaging around in his coat for something before pulling out what looked like a business card, except lacking any text having only a symbol vaguely resembling a completely black bird and offering it to Irene and Ness. "Keep an eye out for this symbol, it will be a tattoo or something sewn into the clothes, probably wont notice if you aren't looking for it. Tell them Brimstone sent ya and they will be willing to cooperate with ya." he told them.

"Okay lets get this **** going. Come on Nathaniel lets go have some fun exploring. Where do you think this is going to lead us?" Ben said before walking to the edge and started making his way down.

"Good luck on your guys end" he shouted back at the rest of the group.

“Brimstone,†Irene murmured, turning the card over and over in her gloved hands. “Very cloak and dagger, I’m sure. Like one of those awful radio adventures.†She opened the top buckle on the front of her outfit, slid the card inside, then closed it up again. Although her rubber armour offered her protection, it did not include the luxury of pockets on the outside. She put a hand on Ness’s shoulder. “Let’s be on our way, then.â

Duncan briefly looked over the map ad nodded. As the group discussed their plans and he briefly checked his medical bag to ensure he’d have all that he’d need. He let out a silent yawn hidden by his mask before turning to Vic.

“I’m ready to go; do you have all the equipment you need for the capture on hand?â€