The new Tendou Souji
One thing I adore about that two parter.
[...]
...that and the drowning of enemies that so much as annoy him.

[hide]I think my favorite part in it is during the start of part 2 when UltraSeven gets up off the ground and pretty much goes:

"Err, my head. That was ....awkward"
*shakes head* "What was I doin--? Oh yeah!!"
"CANNONBALL!!" :laugh:[/hide]

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
For the people that own the new DVD, where have you been buying it? Online? I've been looking at different stores in my area and I can't find it.
I don't know about its availability in stores. I imagine it'll show up in a few places at some point. I got mine online through Shout! Factory.

SLICE
Episode 38 is just such a great super hero story, let alone an UltraSeven one.

It may arguably be my favorite episode just for all the elements going into it.

What happens when UltraSeven is seriously injured, pushed against a wall, facing an enemy more powerful than himself AND seemingly invincible, with lives on the line all over the goddamn place?

If this was literally any Kamen Rider, they'd complain about their injuries, talk about how powerful the enemy is, maybe train their way into a new power or find some weakness in the robot.

UltraSeven chooses to be fucking amazing instead.

So is this set actually legit, or is it a "legal bootleg" like the previous Ultraman sets?

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
So is this set actually legit, or is it a "legal bootleg" like the previous Ultraman sets?
I suppose it depends on how you look at it. Shout! Factory licensed UltraSeven through Golden Media Group so it is not directly licensed through Chaiyo. However, Golden Media Group procured UltraSeven through Chaiyo. So, regardless of how you look at it, the ultimate source is Chaiyo. For a more detailed description of all of this, check out kpa's post over at Toho Kingdom from a few months back.

Twitter - @MisturYellow
It's not licensed through Tsuburaya, so it will always be a "bootleg" in some people's eyes.

It's not licensed through Tsuburaya, so it will always be a bootleg in some people's eyes.

Because of those idiots in Chaiyo, we won't have an Ultraman revival ever since this pretty much funds their court cases. And seriously, between not seeing the show for a bit longer versus waiting for a far superior set with an adapt/dub to boot, I'd take the latter.

Last edited:
SLICE
So, um, having watched episode 29-did UltraSeven invent the flash step, or is it just me?