SLICE
The series has finally launched on DVD, I just got my own copy, and man I can't wait.

Discuss your journey into this classic series here, if the mods don't object. I figure, with this being a rare official release, it deserved its own thread.

DAIMON PAWNCH
watched first episode, definitely has a different feel to it than Ultraman did... going to watch a couple more episodes to see if I'm going to like it

SLICE
You should definately watch the Targeted Town with Metron, or The Courageous Battle, or the Dark Zone.

They each give a great look at the series from different points. This is of course ignoring the most obvious two parter to look at, King Joe's introduction.

The new Tendou Souji
Yo Burkion, left you a profile message; thought you'd get a laugh out of it.

But yeah, got my set yesterday morning (Well afternoon technically since, I got the mail when I came home)

....I'm digressing and, I am on episode 7 already. The only thing I'm mostly disappointed in is that: [hide]The enemies from episode 3 got destroyed. I was hoping their "We'll be back!" would amount to something but, nope.[/hide] Other than that, been very peachy.

Would like to change his avatar
The only thing I'm mostly disappointed in is that: [hide]The enemies from episode 3 got destroyed. I was hoping their "We'll be back!" would amount to something but, nope.[/hide]

[hide]I don't know if it was intended, but I found that scene pretty funny. You're like "Uh-oh, Seven's going to have to face these two weirdos again in a later episode," but, no -- he flies out, blows 'em up like it's nothing, flies away, episode ends. :laugh:[/hide]

SLICE
[hide]I don't know if it was intended, but I found that scene pretty funny. You're like "Uh-oh, Seven's going to have to face these two weirdos again in a later episode," but, no -- he flies out, blows 'em up like it's nothing, flies away, episode ends. :laugh:[/hide]

[HIDE]I like to think that Seven does this on purpose some times. He has quite a few enemies that, in any other series, would escape and terrorize him again. They never make it that far when Seven's on duty though, MURDER FOR ALL.[/HIDE]

[hide]Seven will deal with their siblings in the much later 1994 tv specials.
b00005h093.jpg

[/hide]

SLICE
One thing I adore about that two parter.

King Joe was a Zetton level threat, and in any other series, that would have been a huge goddamn deal for the hero. He would have obsessed over it, or commented on how powerful it was, or worried, or even shown the slightest bit of interest that this enemy was stronger, tougher and more powerful than him AND immune to his special attacks.

UltraSeven?

**** that, punch it in the face, then fight it to a stand still for hours.

Seven is hardcore yo.

...that and the drowning of enemies that so much as annoy him.

For the people that own the new DVD, where have you been buying it? Online? I've been looking at different stores in my area and I can't find it.