I was wondering... are there any Ultraseven DVDs (the original 1967 series) with English subtitles? I thought there might be some HK-subbed DVDs around but it's been incredibly difficult tracking them down.

Also, why hasn't BCI subbed Ultraseven yet? Lack of demand? Tsuburaya Pro demanding too much money? They did Ultraman already and it was listed as "Series One"... I was guessing they'd release Ultraseven subtitled as "Series Two".

BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
First off, welcome to our humble abode.

Second off, wrong section there, newbie.

Actually back this time
The Hawaiian one is the one that's impossible to find. I think there was a Canadian and another American dub too. I know the R2 dvds are being shared up at Asian DVD Club.

Why do Hawaiians get all of the coolest stuff dubbed, like Ultraseven and Mazinger Z? I really wanna know :redface2:

Great Sage-Equal of Heaven
....why hasn't BCI subbed Ultraseven yet? Lack of demand? Tsuburaya Pro demanding too much money? They did Ultraman already and it was listed as "Series One"... I was guessing they'd release Ultraseven subtitled as "Series Two".

If I recall, right now BCI's gearing up to release Tatakae! Dragon and Silver Mask. I'm sure August could give a better explanation as to why BCI hasn't done any further Ultra releases but two to one, it's most likely due to the aftermath of the Tsuburaya/Chaiyo legal battle and Tsuburaya's buy-out by TYO.

All I can say is the same thing I tell everybody; Buy Red Baron or one of the BCI/JN Productions box sets so that the chances of [Insert Your Favorite Show Here] coming out on R1 DVD go up. :buttrock: