I'll be watching this within the hour so I thought I'd go ahead and get a talkback thread rolling!

If you're wondering where you might be able to find this, I'll give you a hint: It starts with an "Ultra" and ends with a "fanz." :laugh:

[hide]
a4OPn.jpg

これが、俺たちの光だッ!
[/hide]

Just watched (most of) it. I kind of skipped around to the action scenes, but I got the gist of it. I LOVE Glen Fire. Such a personality and his fight with Zero was a highlight for me.

I have to say, this has a very Hollywood feel to it. It's visually awesome and we get all the action set-pieces that we expect and they REALLY deliver. And the way they focus on the other superhero characters that Zero meets along his journey reminds of something, I just can't think of it, but I loved it. Everyone should definitely catch this bad-boy.

"Training."
Such amazing visuals. Who also noticed the little arrangements of theme pieces of Mirror Man, Fireman and Jumborg Ace playing when the respective heroes "transform" complete with their original effects? Glen-Fire was my favourite with the screen cracking and then falling like the opening of Fireman.

A little but amazing touch.

Mirror Knight and Glen Fire is my favourite.

[HIDE]Ok, Am I the only one who thinks Belial growing big into a monster in these movies dumb?[/HIDE]

[HIDE]Ok, Am I the only one who thinks Belial growing big into a monster in these movies dumb?[/HIDE]

[hide]I actually thought it was REALLY well done this time around! Really caught me off guard that he didn't transform as a last-ditch effort and instead it was just him flaunting his giant, galaxy-conquering cock about. :laugh: [/hide]

"Training."
[HIDE]True. :laugh:

Also I was on the edge of my seat expecting Tiga to pop out when I saw the golden light coming off of everyone and combining. A homage/reference perhaps?[/HIDE]

Whoever does the rips at Ultrafanz needs to learn to do them better. I appreciate the effort but the action scenes were so pixellated that I could barely make them out at times. T___T

I mean seriously:

[hide]GvB7U.png[/hide]

Last edited:
Mad Skillz
I really love the effects in this movie. The reason I didn't enjoy the first was because there was just too much green screen for my tastes, but this is a much better balance. Also, this movie really seems to give the giants that scale, whereas it was very rare in the past that I believed the Ultraman and monsters were giant, the only scenes in this movie where I didn't buy into that was on M78. There's some really nice integration going on with the CGI and human actors, much better than in the first one. Visually, this probably seems like the most "big budget" approach to an Ultraman movie I've ever seen.

I'm not usually a fan of too much CGI, especially in tokusatsu where it tends to look...less than great, but, man, that multiverse scene. I loved portal effect, it rendered beautifully. I also really really really enjoyed the bit of blur on the universe bubbles in that first shot, it made the scene seem less like CGI and more like Zero was actually there. Just going on visuals alone, that was my absolute favorite scene of the entire thing.

I guess I can't judge Ran too much since we didn't actually get to see him for most of the film, we were watching...Zero. Was rather amusing to see how open Zero was in telling Nao that he's the giant of light that just saved their asses. I loved the interaction between Zero and Nao in that scene. I definitely got the feeling that Zero actually matured since the first movie as he was pretty compassionate with Nao in explaining what was going on. Far as child actors in tokusatsu go in recent years, Tatsuomi Hamada came across as really likable and genuine in this scene.

I freaking loved the relationship between Glen Fire and the pirates. Seeing an Ultraman series where there's a relationship like that between characters would be very interesting. Totally surprised at how early that sacrifice scene came into play.

Man, I loved everything about Mirror Knight's planet, absolutely beautiful.

Noa! That's a little random, but okay, whatever.

Really surprising to see just how much stronger Belial has gotten in the time he was off forming his little army.

Oh, Run, you big puppet, you.

Was never too fond of that weird power up Zero got. The armor just doesn't blend too well with the suit and it's too obvious that it's junk tossed on, doesn't feel like a natural extension.

One thing I will say I disliked is that freaking light glare. Damn you Star Trek for making it popular.

So, yeah! That was a really good movie. I liked it a ton more than Ultra Galaxy. The story was more solid and felt like an actual movie to me and definitely looked like one as well. Can't say there was too much I didn't like in it, though I wasn't the biggest fan of everyone powering Zero at the end since it seemed a little out of left field to me, but it always seems weird to me when that angle is played. Even though it looks like Belial is dead for good, I can definitely see a third movie from the way this one ended. I imagine it'll focus on Ultimate Force Zero as they try to expand and protect the universe against some evil. Definitely looking forward to it...though I think it would make for a better TV series, even this movie. I can imagine this movie being like the first 13 episode arc in a series based on these guys. I doubt Zero will ever get his own TV series, same with the UFZ, but it certainly could have made for a great TV series.

Skreeong!
so I saw the movie today and i thought it was pretty good, i do have some minor complaints though.

[HIDE]Like Belial barely being in the film, I mean they couldn't they have inserted a clip of Belial talking to his men?[/HIDE]

also i liked Janbot and Mirror Knight but i really liked Glenfire, if anyone needs a spinoff series it's him.

overall a really enjoyable film. :castlerock: