I don't quite know what's happened, but I just haven't gelled with this show and dropped it after about 6 episodes.

Is it honestly worth catching up? I feel like if it was something I'd like, I'd make a point of catching it every week, as episodes are made available. I think my internet was being crap one week, so getting to watch an episode like that just wasn't doable.

I've liked other Ultra shows, having watched Ginga/Ginga S, Max, Leo and Ultraseven X (That one not so much, which is weird because generally am drawn to darker shows, but I just didn't get on with that by the end), so quite why I just dropped X like I have is a mystery.

Maybe I'll catch up some time this week.

レイモン (雷蒙)
I feel like there's some romance shipping between Asuna & Daichi together. Since she's been caring about him at times lately.

I feel like there's some romance shipping between Asuna & Daichi together. Since she's been caring about him at times lately.

isn't it kind of a standard in the Ultraman franchise for the heroine to fall in love with the protagonist? it doesn't happen in every Ultra series, but still...

isn't it kind of a standard in the Ultraman franchise for the heroine to fall in love with the protagonist? it doesn't happen in every Ultra series, but still...

It's a standard, but it's not always the case. Nexus, Mebius, and even the original Ultraman all come to mind (it wasn't until much, much later that Hayata and Fuji were shipped together).

レイモン (雷蒙)

Yeah, that's true. Hopefully it will be similar to Daigo & Rena and later on getting married (Optional).

It's great to see Minami Tsukui in toku again, even though I don't think her character will be as interesting as Yoko from Gaim. I feel like I should make fun of X's new weapon - the rainbow blade that you tickle to activate. But as "care bear stare" as it is, it's still more of a trad Ultra weapon than the giant blobs of padding he normally summons.
Like Ginga before it, X seems to get a lot of inspiration from Kamen Rider. That franchise loves to make the relationship between the male and female leads ambiguous enough that viewers can read it as romantic if they want to (OOO and the relationship between Eiji and Hina leaps to mind as a good example).

レイモン (雷蒙)

I love the fact how the teams never though of a human transforms into Ultraman. It's been like that way.