IKOn40r.jpg

CYBER GOMORA!

With Tsuburaya already announcing an Ultraman X movie, it tells me they seem to have a lot of faith in it. Makes me wonder how its performing. The only relevant info I can find at this point is that its currently the 2nd most popular live action simulcast on Crunchyroll, behind only the heavily hyped Death Note J-drama.

Hopefully this film will do better than the Ultraman Ginga S movie or Ultraman Saga did, Ultraman X is pretty rad so far.

Tsuburaya has uploaded episode 1 and 2 raw on their youtube channel.

The preview video uploaded for episode 3 has director's comment attached

Edit:Omg! The actor for Captain Kamiki, Kamio Yu, played Dr.Maki in KR OOO!

Last edited:
"Training."
Ultraman X the movie will be released in theatres next spring. (x)

Hopefully this will be better than the Ginga "movies"...

>___>

I watched the one with the other Heisei Ultras recently. It had potential to be something great but yeah...it wasn't good.

How bad was it?

weak writing. like there was no proper intro, no background explanation of the new character Alena (other than a very vague flashback scene) and a "that's it?" ending. plot wise was very Sentai/Kamen Rider clichéd. the Ginga S cast members did nothing much. the Heisei Ultramen were basically just there for no reason other than being shown captured and suddenly overwhelming their respective arch nemesis without breaking a sweat once they were released. the new Ginga Victory upgrade wasn't even something to be excited about. it was just Hikaru getting a slightly modified version of his old brace from Tarou. Zero was about the only good thing in the movie.

"Training."
^

Basically what I thought about the "movie". I can't believe I'm saying this but recent Kamen Rider movies are better. Ultraman movies are usually pretty high quality. See Revenge of Belial, Mebius and Ultra Brothers, Final Odyssey etc.

Last edited: