Lurker
Japan = Asia apparently. Hopefully someone can rip them and put it up for download.

MV Maker
Hm. I'm seriously thinking of getting a premium account there purely on principle if they keep doing that.

Japan = Asia apparently. Hopefully someone can rip them and put it up for download.
Really? We finally have a legal way of watching a current tokusatsu (for free!) and your first thought is "how can I watch this illegally instead"?

Series rights are usually done by continent i.e. North America or Europe. But I'm sure Tsuburaya won't want to give away any domestic rights, so instead of an "Asian" contract they'd insist on negotiating seperately for each country, which would undoubtably end up less profitable for any licensee who bought them all.

I think someone already did that for when Ultraman Leo, Ultraman 80, Ultraman Max and Ultraman Mebius were simulcasted on crunchyroll on nyaa, although perhaps they could upload this series to up to 720p format.

Lurker
Really? We finally have a legal way of watching a current tokusatsu (for free!) and your first thought is "how can I watch this illegally instead"?

Series rights are usually done by continent i.e. North America or Europe. But I'm sure Tsuburaya won't want to give away any domestic rights, so instead of an "Asian" contract they'd insist on negotiating seperately for each country, which would undoubtably end up less profitable for any licensee who bought them all.

So I'm supposed to travel to US every week to watch it "legally"? It really sucks if you put yourself in my shoes. The entire world EXCEPT my region are celebrating. I can wait for people to rip them, but it's inconvenience, and it's not even guaranteed that someone would even do it.

Last edited:
Question: At what point are new episodes of Ultraman X going to be available on Crunchyroll for non-premium members? Is it like when the new episode comes out, the previous one is made free, or is it like a two day grace period or something?

Lurker
Anyways, NOP has ripped them to nyaa. I'd like to thank him a lot for it :)

Some insider trivia: our B-team at TV-Nihon were actually planning to sub it. We even got ready our cappers and all, and were caught by surprise that Crunchyroll suddenly announced that they were going to stream the series half a day before it aired.

Anyways, NOP has ripped them to nyaa. I'd like to thank him a lot for it :)

Some insider trivia: our B-team at TV-Nihon were actually planning to sub it. We even got ready our cappers and all, and were caught by surprise that Crunchyroll suddenly announced that they were going to stream the series half a day before it aired.

Well, perhaps now the B-team could work on some of the other shows, like perhaps finishing the subs of Kamen Rider Agito and going back on Kamen Rider Kuuga.