Ultraman X coming in July?

IKOn40r.jpg

CYBER GOMORA!

With Tsuburaya already announcing an Ultraman X movie, it tells me they seem to have a lot of faith in it. Makes me wonder how its performing. The only relevant info I can find at this point is that its currently the 2nd most popular live action simulcast on Crunchyroll, behind only the heavily hyped Death Note J-drama.

Hopefully this film will do better than the Ultraman Ginga S movie or Ultraman Saga did, Ultraman X is pretty rad so far.

Solari

Tsuburaya has uploaded episode 1 and 2 raw on their youtube channel.

The preview video uploaded for episode 3 has director's comment attached

Edit:Omg! The actor for Captain Kamiki, Kamio Yu, played Dr.Maki in KR OOO!

Last edited:

Jacky392000

How bad was it?

weak writing. like there was no proper intro, no background explanation of the new character Alena (other than a very vague flashback scene) and a "that's it?" ending. plot wise was very Sentai/Kamen Rider clichéd. the Ginga S cast members did nothing much. the Heisei Ultramen were basically just there for no reason other than being shown captured and suddenly overwhelming their respective arch nemesis without breaking a sweat once they were released. the new Ginga Victory upgrade wasn't even something to be excited about. it was just Hikaru getting a slightly modified version of his old brace from Tarou. Zero was about the only good thing in the movie.

Ryuutaros

"Training."
^

Basically what I thought about the "movie". I can't believe I'm saying this but recent Kamen Rider movies are better. Ultraman movies are usually pretty high quality. See Revenge of Belial, Mebius and Ultra Brothers, Final Odyssey etc.

Last edited:

Jacky392000

Ginga S is many times better than Ginga. I would say one of the best Ultraman series too.

I second that. it's unfair to assume Ginga S is also bad because of the mess they did in Ginga. I was immediately interested the moment they announced the series info and I think that was when Tsuburaya finally knew what to do with the franchise. it's just so happens that the Ginga S movie didn't live up to the amazing things they've done in the series.

I'm just saying that Ginga is what happens if Kuuga and Decade fused together….. And churns out s***.

Perhaps I'll give S a chance…. If I can find it.

Ryuutaros

"Training."
The Ginga S show wasn't that bad. The "movies", however, were disappointing.

Recent scans also shows...

That Zero will make a special appearance in a future episode. X will gain Zero's powers in that episode.

I hope this means more past Ultramen and their respective actors can show up to "pass the torch" to X.

Ginga S wasn't AS terrible as Ginga but the writing in most of the episodes I saw was pretty mediocre at best. Definitely not one of the best entries in the franchise. Lord no.

Jacky392000

I like the fact that Tsuburaya is going for a shorter series length. that means a possibility of no fillers and constant plot advancement. I don't get why people are demanding for 50 episodes. now if only they could do better with the movies...

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?