D

Dr Kain

Man, when I said Trigger was trying to be the Gundam SEED Destiny of Ultraman, I was making a joke, but holy ****, next week is going to be the show's FOURTH clip show.

But assuming that it goes until the end of December like previous series did, it will end up with about the same number of episodes as previous 6 month long entries. So I can only assume this is because someone (the network?) decided they wanted the timeslot filling with Ultra for longer and scheduled it to begin earlier.

It's not like clip shows seem to damage their ratings either. Between Ultra Fights and Retsudens and everything else, they're a long-established part of the franchise at this point. Having said that, yeah I'll be mostly skipping through it next week lol.

Anyway, they finally shoehorned Tiga in! And against one of his show's villains too.

D

Dr Kain

But assuming that it goes until the end of December like previous series did, it will end up with about the same number of episodes as previous 6 month long entries. So I can only assume this is because someone (the network?) decided they wanted the timeslot filling with Ultra for longer and scheduled it to begin earlier.

It's not like clip shows seem to damage their ratings either. Between Ultra Fights and Retsudens and everything else, they're a long-established part of the franchise at this point. Having said that, yeah I'll be mostly skipping through it next week lol.

Anyway, they finally shoehorned Tiga in! And against one of his show's villains too.

There is no way this show is going to end at episode 25. This weekend's was 19. There's only four weeks left until Christmas and one of those is another fucking clipshow. That means the series will end at 22 at the latest unless it goes into January.

Either way, this show is a joke. They clearly did not have enough material to make an entire 6 month show out of as there has been little to no development for the cast or plot. Half of the show has just been team-up episodes to advertise other Ultra shows.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Imagine hating something as awesome as clipshows and monsters of the week. Doc should just stop watching Ultraman, it'll be better for his blood pressure.

Formally known as Bennu
Raiga Terasaka (Manaka Kengo in Ultraman Trigger) on this year's edition of SASUKE aka. Ninja Warrior.

D

Dr Kain

Man, there was a post on Twitter that talked about the original plans for Ultraman Trigger. Apparently, it was supposed to focus on three different Ultras with Kengo being from the Ultra Ancient Civilization, Akito was going to be the modern day hero, and Not Basco was going to be an Ultra from the future. They were supposed to team up to battle the Giants of Darkness across multiple timelines. Additionally, Guts-Select was added in at the last minute because the original plan was to have the TPU be a background presence like the dudes in Orb were. Additionally, Tsuburaya did not want any Tiga monsters to appear in the show and Gazort only did so because the producers funded their own money together to make a Gazort suit. Lastly, the big battle was supposed to be built up over multiple episodes, but Tsuburaya demanded they do the Tiga tribute episode and another filler one instead just before filming.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Trigger could have been a great series, but they.... Pulled the Trigger?:cool: