Thanks, Nerefir!

[hide]I'll give it a shot. I'm not that familiar with the Ultra series so please let me know if I make a mistake.

story01.jpg

That formerly glorious planet, Earth.... But many people have disappeared. Monsters appear and cry out, but the sound echoes in the empty cities.

story02.jpg

There were only a few people left on Earth. Earth's last hope lies with the children. So, to protect the children's futures, these 7 throw themselves into the fray.
Anna, the leader. Anna's sister Riisa, in charge of medical. Misato and Sawa, the assistant combat leaders. In charge of maintenance, Nonko and her assistant Maomi. In charge of communications, Hina. These 7, Team U, desperately fight to protect the children.

story04z.jpg

Ultraman Dyna = Shin Asuka rushes to Earth to help. He is the first Ultraman that Team U meets.

story05.jpg

Coming after Ultraman Dyna is Ultraman Cosmos = Musashi Haruno, along with Ultraman Zero. They come to Earth from their own universes to help.

story06r.jpg

Ultraman Zero, moved by Nozomu Taiga's courage, merges with him, but Nozomu honestly does not accept him.

story07v.jpg

At the same time, Team U and Taiga encounter the being which has invaded Earth, the Alien Bat, which targets the children![/hide]

Sounds like an interesting story. Any idea of why Alien Bat is after kids?

Last edited by a moderator:
Skreeong!
He's looking for more guinea pigs, thanks nerefir for the translation.

Good News

Heard from Reimon; he's ok, and hopes to rejoin us within a month or so.

On the translated storyline from Saga (thanks again, Nerefir), does anyone think that this is an ending to the Ultraman series? Or, possibly, a new beginning in a new universe, presuming that Tsuruno, Sugiura, Daigo and AKB48 can commit a year to a new series?

After all, assuming that Saga does well at the box office, they'd have about 4-5 months to get a new series into production, for a fall debut ...

Mad Skillz
I don't really see any AKB48 members being able to commit to a year long series with shoots as intensive as a tokusatsu unless they're the front and center star(s) of the show. Kinda would be interesting to see a new series with female leads, would be a unique take for Ultraman.

Also, that first picture from nef's translations is freaking beautiful, that's some good CGI and miniature integration there.

I've Only Been Saying This Forever ...

I don't really see any AKB48 members being able to commit to a year long series with shoots as intensive as a tokusatsu unless they're the front and center star(s) of the show. Kinda would be interesting to see a new series with female leads, would be a unique take for Ultraman.

Also, that first picture from nef's translations is freaking beautiful, that's some good CGI and miniature integration there.

Well, considering that, for all intents and purposes, AKB48 has already taken front and center stage; and that the best Heisei Ultraman series was the one with the female captain, I'd say it's the only way to go. It is long past time we had an Ultrawoman defending Earth, like Yulian did.

Besides, according to Wikipedia, AKB48 actually has close to fifty members, many of whom rotate out. Surely they can spare seven or so for about twelve months ... Because, this is it. Make or break for the Ultra Franchise. It has to get a much larger audience, and be an actual success, not just "the highest-grossing movie" in the franchise. So, that means using stars who will pull in their fans to see the show. And if Tsuruno, Daigo, and AKB48 can do it, so be it.

And, you're absolutely right. That first photo is absolutely GREAT. But then, I'd expect no less from Tsuburaya ...

It's looking fine.........

Promo-wise it's good to have the AKB name attached to the movie, although none of their real stars (Maeda, Mayu etc etc) are in this.......It's very much a second stringer, "who's she?" cannon fodder line up.......Still, every little helps.:)........

Really want this to be a mega hit, but honestly feel it may just end up marginally beating the standard Ultra box office take......