The first part is up now. Not much so far just introducing the characters and premice. The usual first episode fair.

Watched part two, if you're a fan of the older martial arts style of film it's starting to have that feel to it. At least with this chapter. Thanks to Ultra Galaxy Fight we know where the story is headed but iI'm curious who they're going to get there.

Having seen all six episodes, I sadly didn't find it particularly interesting.

Like the Ultra Galaxy Fight shows it's spinning out of, it's suits performing in front of a green screen without any of the wonderful miniature work that Tsuburaya grace the main series with.

Having introduced Regulos in the last Galaxy Fight show as a prisoner being held by the villains, this miniseries acts as a prequel to show how he was captured. Weirdly, they introduce him as a typical "guy with amnesia" character; I hope that doesn't mean they were hoping this would take off enough for them to make a prequel to this prequel.

The show also depicts how he became bonded with two 'Cosmo Beasts' which give him his sleeve tattoos and form the basis of his 'Cosmo Beast Style' of fighting. Now, I know nothing about martial arts, so it's possible that this does in some way differ from the way Ultramen normally fight. But if so, I couldn't spot it. Perhaps even worse, after taking a lot of time to build up the Cosmo Beats, we don't even get to properly see one.

We get a brief appearance from Ultraman Leo near the beginning, which is meant to take place before the events of his own series. Honestly, I think it actually hurts his show!
One of the main parts of Ultraman Leo is that he's being mentored by Ultra Seven, who has been injured and is unable to fight, and so trains Leo to fight in his place. Seven becomes so much of a "nasty drill sergeant" that it honestly felt like it bordered on character assassination to me, but the justification was always that he was desperate due to having the protection of humanity in the hands of a complete rookie...except then this miniseries comes along and tells us that Leo was in fact already an accomplished fighter before the events of his own series?

Well there's sort of more Regulos content to come. The two-part story 'Ultraman Regulos: The First Mission,' which was previously exclusive to Ultraman Connection, is meant to be coming to youtube soon. Maybe it will justify this character getting their own solo content, but I suspect he's going to get swept under the rug when Blazar comes along.