Ultraman possibly coming back to America [Tsuburaya at the Licensing Show]

The point that I found most interesting from that flier was, "Creation of New ULTRA characters."

Sounds like they're open to the idea of other countries having their own unique Ultraman. I wonder if anybody in Hollywood is interested?

Will Smith is a big fan. He even did the Ultraman criss-crossing his wrists and everything on Jay Leno
http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=24966

Can't find the clip though.

I believe that every year Tsuburaya goes with its booth to this market events with the same intentions and gets nothing. Am I wrong? Remember the launching of the visual translation system last year...

Will Smith is a big fan. He even did the Ultraman criss-crossing his wrists and everything on Jay Leno
http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=24966

Can't find the clip though.

Will Smith as Ultraman? Love that Idea! I would love to see an American remake of Ultraman in the style of Smallville and of Super Natural, a 1 hour Super hero series mixed with supernatural elements like yokai and maybe even Western monsters.

Will Smith as Ultraman? Love that Idea! I would love to see an American remake of Ultraman in the style of Smallville and of Super Natural, a 1 hour Super hero series mixed with supernatural elements like yokai and maybe even Western monsters.

That would be a great idea..:laugh:

#MissionMiami
Yes...YEs...YES! It's confirmed bitches.

ultraman.jpg

Translation:

Ryoutarou of RB

It's a movie that Tsuburaya has been working on for a while, apparently it was supposed to be released in 2010, but is being released this year instead, so December according to the info. It's not known if it'll be an original work or something featuring characters from others series like the previous movie in the franchise.

Last edited:
Skreeong!

i REALLY hope your joking:170:

i REALLY hope your joking:170:

I'm just noting the series before it kept on rolling on and on, which is from 2000 to 2005. Smallville is Superman ,and Ultraman is the Japanese equivalent of that, so here's my idea of a plot.

Hayato, 20 years old, is a young successful sophomore at the Univ. of San Francisco studying into the sciences .Unknownst to him while he's walking to his apartment, he is given a calling card to the US Self Defense Science Patrol. When he talks to his roommate about them, the roommate reveals that she is apart of the organization as the part time astronomer and convinces Hayato to apply. He reluctantly agrees, since he is falling short on the monthly rent payment and needs a job to support him and his family.

The story will be followed in a weekly fan fic series if you want to read.:)

Yes...YEs...YES! It's confirmed bitches.

ultraman.jpg

Translation:

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2009/06/19/mega-monster-battle-ultra-galaxy-legends-the-movie/

It's directed by Koichi Sakamoto , who did Power Rangers.

they've have to get some of Asian descent in the lead role, cuz no way in hell can I imagine anyone of non Asian origin being Ultraman. that may sound awfully racist, but it draws back to what someone said about Will Smith and Ultraman, that just would not work. Will Smith is a great actor, don't get me wrong, but I'd rather he do his own thing, like he did with Hancock, rather than try and become the latest incarnation of a particular superhero.

anyway, the idea of having a series that's almost Smallville like for Ultraman sounds pretty cool.