Ultraman possibly coming back to America [Tsuburaya at the Licensing Show]

From what Bob Johnson told me, this ad doesn't necessarily mean that they're doing complete localization of the shows, this is more of a general "talk to us about anything" ad to gain marketing interest. For all we know, whoever buys it may or may not do an English dub. Could depend on the show. We don't know what we'll get until anything is sold, so let's not jump the gun here.

I don't understand comments like this. It may not even be a dub.

You don't have to do **** with Ultraman. All they have to do is:

1. Create a newer storyline

2. Shoot American footage

3. Clean up the Japan Ultraman footage.

Pretty damn simple.

I was actually thinking they were aiming for a big budget Hollywood movie. You kinda have to read between the lines.

Also, I seriously doubt any of Chaiyo's series was ever filmed, much less 52 episodes. Personally, I'm more than happy to let it die along with Chaiyo.

Lurker
Who's gonna bet Vídeo Brinquedo (The dudes who made Mega Powers and Ratatoing) are going to do the Brazil Ultraman?

Well according to Tsuburaya's booth at this years Licensing Show they are looking to get Ultraman out there into the states (and other countries) in any shape or form. Whether be it a straight up dub, uncut DVD release, or a Power Ranger's style adaptation. All of this for the upcoming 50th Anniversary.

2i1guub.jpg

2uh9s7n.jpg

f4icn9.jpg

25utraq.jpg

This is quite interesting..:laugh:

Continuing the Creddie legacy
One of the reasons I can think of of why Tsuburaya is opening opportunities for countries for Ultraman is because they're out of Ultraman ideas (focusing more on Ultra Monsters series).

You can be a Rider too.
I see a Russian flag there? I wonder if that means it has at least a slightest chance of getting any non-adapted tokusatsu over the reasonable time... (We only get PR; Beetleborgs were also shown here almost a decade ago; nothing else IIRC)

Lurker
they should look for us, tokuAsia Productions, in Singapore. we'll do a great job to please the fans

Singapore has one of the largest number of Ultra fans outside Japan.

Last edited: