Ultra Galaxy Fight The Absolute Conspiracy

So, we've all got Max's theme stuck in our heads for at least the next week, right?

I kinda wish they'd let Max and Xenon go wild without Ribut. It felt like less of a tribute to the old show when they insert a newer character.

Andro Melos popping up at the end was a pleasant surprise. I'd love it if they included more of him in the special.

(Hey, Tsuburaya, maybe after you're done putting Gridman up on your youtube channel you could do Andro Melos? We know it's not part of the Mill Creek deal...)

Just to make things more confusing, there is a completely unrelated character called Ultraman Melos that appeared only in a manga. It was thought that the manga had been made non-canon, but then just this week that Ultraman Z voice drama thing made a reference to it. So both "Melos" characters got a tip of the hat in the same week!
So the Ribut stuff was just the prologue?
Yup. They announced before the show started that it's taking place across multiple times. I believe the latest time is meant to be just before Ultraman Z begins, so it can act as a bit of a lead-in to the current main Ultra show.
And I almost forgot, we got Ultraman Legend, so what are the odd that in a future Ultra Galaxay Fight we see Ultraman Saga?
That would be cool. I really like the Saga suit. But I don't recall Dyna being announced for this season, and they need him in order to fuse into Saga, so I don't think it'll happen this time. 😞
1. Is Justice a female?
2. What series are Legend and Xenon from?
1. Justice is male. He appeared in two of the Cosmos movies. I have not seen them yet, but my understanding is that in his first appearance he was only seen as an Ultra and has a male voice. In his second appearance he took the form of a woman (the director confirmed it's actually him, and not that he's bonded with a partner as some Ultras do). For the rest of that film, Justice retained the actress' voice even when transformed back to an Ultra.

2. They are from different things. Legend is the combined form of Cosmos and Justice. So he's from the same two movies that Justice was in. Xenon is from Max's series, where he was Max's superior officer who appeared in maybe two episodes? It was him that originally delivered the Max Galaxy wrist brace, so it's appropriate that he does it again in this episode.

Funnily enough, the same voice actor provided both Justice's original male voice and the voice of Xenon, but hasn't returned to play either role in this. A new voice actor was hired for Xenon.
The actress who played Justice in that film had a very busy career afterwards, until four years ago when she had a baby and (as far as I can tell) hasn't taken any acting work since then. His voice in this series is provided by Megumi Han, who is also voicing Sora (and previously voiced Pega from Geed and Kyuemon in Ninninger).
So how many episodes are they planning to do for this?
IIRC they said it was 10 episodes, and if it's like last year's Ultra Galaxy Fight then it will be combined into a single 90 minute special for the Japanese DVD release in the new year.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Yes, I'm familiar with Megumi Han as she is the daughter to Keiko Han, who was Luna in the original Sailor Moon series and live action show. I've also gotten to meet both of them.

S

scikaiju

And now I want to learn more about this Ultimate Ear we saw at the beginning. I also want to see something on Zero from before he tried to take the plasma spark. Personally I always felt Belial and Zero were a lot alike, kinda arrogant about their abilities and self importance, the only real difference between the two being somebody willing to knock them back down. This episode only highlighted that point fo me. Outside of zTarurus involvement that is and I'm assuming we'll see something similar with Treagear. A bit of a slow role given the format but I'm sure things will pick up.

S

scikaiju

And it's Tregear's turn which isn't surprising. Nice that they made his story different than Belial. So I am curious at where this is going now, I don't think they're going to rewrite history here. Create a couple of foot notes maybe but not rewrite it completely.

S

scikaiju

So if I'm understanding this right the early style versions of Belial and Treagear are "pararrel isotopes". I'm guessing that's a fancy way of saying they're dublicates and taking yjem out of their usual moment in time didn't affect anything in the time stream. Okay this is getting complicated but I'm looking foreard for more.

Formally known as Bennu
Ultraman Jonas' suit looks more colorful than most Ultra suits.

S

scikaiju

A week off and we're back and the meat of the story looks like it's kicking into a higher gear now. We see Jonas, Ribut, Gigilo and Andro Meleos, hey Toku Prime you got your wish, all make their appearance along with the Tri-swuad. So we're going to see this Absolution they keep talking about right?

D

Dr Kain

Episode 7 was way too short. No, I really mean too short because after the opening song and the ending song it was like 8 minutes long, if that.

For the first time ever, three generation of an Ultra family on screen at the same time. Father of Ultra, Mother of Ultra, Taro, and Taiga. Also, the amusing sight of Andro Melos meeting Zoffy again.

Kinda wish the Zetton fight had been longer, but that's just because I love me some Zettons. Zet...ton...

S

scikaiju

Admittedly I don't really keep up with who's from where were the varios Ultras are concerned but Blu, Rosso and Grigilo are from O-50? I lnew Orb was and Fuma but those three were a new one on me. Putside of that this is thr tram building section of the story. It was good seeing Andros Meleos in action though.