UK ISPs clamp down on file-sharers... is actually kinda funny

Chief HJU News Editor
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7522334.stm

So we've been hearing about this thing for a while and people have been saying how file-sharing might come to end on the Queens soil. It was annouced earlier this week that six big companies would annouce that they would join part of the governments programme to stop it, yet it appears they aren't going to do anything more than:

"But the music industry wants people's internet cut off if they ignore repeated warnings, something the web firms say they are not prepared to do."

Now, consider how much it will cost to enforce this large traffic monitoring and then sending letters out, contining to send letters and then cut people off. It's just lose/lose money situation. The companies know if it gets to that, people will just switch over to smaller ISPs who don't have this restriction.

I think it's still going to be a while before anything like banning users will happen, but still, it's gunna take a lot more than what governments are demanding.

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
I've heard about that news on tv. But the ones I heard was ISPs will not participate. They'll lose customers when they do that.

But how do they do that cutting? Recording each and everyones IP Addresses?