Uh... what does Decade 31 have to do with All Riders?

D

Dr Kain

So I finally watched the All Riders vs Dai Shocker movie, and uh, what does this have to do with the final episode of Decade? I mean, depending on which version you watch, Decade either defeats all of the riders and stares at Natsumi or Diend shoots Decade, but when you start this movie, it acts as if none of that ever happend. So where is the actual continuation of where episode 31 leaves off?

The movie itself was crap. Not only because it just randomly starts off without even showing what happened after the last scene of 31, but it was down right stupid. Rider battles in a stadium? Who the hell was the idiot that thought that was a good idea? Then you have the whole twist that Tsukasa is actually the leader of Dai Shocker, and grandpa is somehow Dr Shinigami, and what was the purpose of Kivaara and Natakuri? They served absolutely no purpose?

I have to repeat what I said back in 2009, Decade is an utter pile of crap series that spat all over the concept of an anniversary series. It was lazy and half assed as shown that the writers did not even know how to end their own show even with a lackluster ending, as there was no ending at all. The only episodes this show has that are worth watching are the Black episodes, and that is just because of they actuall got Kurata back to reprise Kotaro. Plus getting to see Black kick ass in HD was awesome. Other than that though, Decade is garbage.

All Rider vs. Dai Shocker takes place between eps 29 and 30, not after the series. The one movie you should watch after Decade is Movie Wars 2010.

Rebellious
Movie Wars 2010: Decade and W is the continuation of episode 31.

All Riders takes place before episode 30.

The movie itself was crap. Not only because it just randomly starts off without even showing what happened after the last scene of 31, but it was down right stupid. Rider battles in a stadium? Who the hell was the idiot that thought that was a good idea? Then you have the whole twist that Tsukasa is actually the leader of Dai Shocker, and grandpa is somehow Dr Shinigami, and what was the purpose of Kivaara and Natakuri? They served absolutely no purpose?

Tsukasa being a Dai-Shocker member/creation I can accept. But I still don't get how Grandpa was supposed to work. Was he spying on the heroes? Is Natsuki also a member without knowing it? Why would be be helping them?

And why does everyone treat the collapse of the multiverse, and everything that goes on in the show, with a shrug??

I have to repeat what I said back in 2009, Decade is an utter pile of crap series that spat all over the concept of an anniversary series. It was lazy and half assed as shown that the writers did not even know how to end their own show even with a lackluster ending, as there was no ending at all. The only episodes this show has that are worth watching are the Black episodes, and that is just because of they actuall got Kurata back to reprise Kotaro. Plus getting to see Black kick ass in HD was awesome. Other than that though, Decade is garbage.

The obvious route would have been best: Decade meets past Heisei Riders and teams up with the to take down an all-powerful threat. I do not accept the notion that Toei could not get cast members from every Heisei show to appear, when they happened to get so much of the Hibiki and Den-O casts. That simply makes no sense. Dai-Shocker would have been perfect for LGKR, the 40th anniversary movie.

(Or if Toei was clever, Movie War 2010 and LGKR could have picked up where Decade left off with Dai-Shocker, with OOO's 1000th episode celebration leading into LGKR instead of being a ridiculous tribute to the number 1000 itself.)

Like others have said, All Riders vs Dai-Shocker is supposed to take place between 29 and 30 somehow (Episode 30 does have a small segment where Eijiro's reaction shot to the Rider War World wallpaper is different from the ones in 29 though). Movie Wars 2010 is the actual follow up to Decade's finale (the one where Decade defeats the Riders).

But I still don't get how Grandpa was supposed to work. Was he spying on the heroes? Is Natsuki also a member without knowing it? Why would be be helping them?

Eijiro is possessed by a Gaia Memory like shown in Movie Wars 2010. The extra scene in the Director's Cut of All Riders vs Dai-Shocker where he watches the Dai-Shocker castle rising makes it pretty clear that he isn't evil when he isn't active as Shinigami even in the movie.

Last edited:
Also called CentaurusRhinos
I hated Decade too, but I would actually recommend the movie. It's really well paced, and the twist of Tsukasa being the Great Leader of Dai-Shocker really shocked me. Also, the fanservice is a lot more well-integrated than it was in the series, where it took up most of the focus at the expense of the plot.

Eijiro is possessed by a Gaia Memory like shown in Movie Wars 2010. The extra scene in the Director's Cut of All Riders vs Dai-Shocker where he watches the Dai-Shocker castle rising makes it pretty clear that he isn't evil when he isn't active as Shinigami even in the movie.

But when he first become possessed? What was the point of possessing him? Did he know what was going on with the merging Worlds or just going with the flow? If the latter, how did he have a studio that could take the heroes through Worlds? And why, I ask again, is everything treated with a shrug in this show? The cast literally just goes through the motions of the script without any sense of believability! I wonder if they even knew what they were doing half the time.

Also called CentaurusRhinos
But when he first become possessed? What was the point of possessing him? Did he know what was going on with the merging Worlds or just going with the flow? If the latter, how did he have a studio that could take the heroes through Worlds? And why, I ask again, is everything treated with a shrug in this show? The cast literally just goes through the motions of the script without any sense of believability! I wonder if they even knew what they were doing half the time.

I think that they originally meant for him to be Prof. Shinigami, but since it didn't make sense and didn't have the punch of Tsukasa being the Great Leader, they tried to retcon it with Movie War 2010.

I think it could have made sense if it was written properly. Natsuki becomes Kivara's host in MW2010, doesn't she? You could have written it as Eichiro, Natsuki, Narutaki and Kivara all being Dai-Shocker members, with Eichiro posing as the innocent grandfather and Natsuki unaware of her true identity but can remember Decade defeating the ten Riders.

Kivara would spy on them as they travel the Worlds, and in the last ten episodes Dai-Shocker begins acting openly. Narutaki is Colonel Zol, Eichiro is Shinigami, and Natsuki becomes the femme Kiva thing after a dramatic reveal. Tsukasa's sister was apparently Dai-Shocker's version of Bishium, according to Wiki. Tsukasa could have been himself a creation of Dai-Shocker and Daiki his former ally a la Tiger Bazooka in ZX.

Heroes are forever
You seem to be having a lot of misunderstadings, don't let that first impression of an April Fool's joke and a misplacement influence your final opinion on the actual product.

Decade is supposed to be watched between 29 and 30, if only because it's the placement with the least amount of plotholes.
It's cool that you treated it as the finale though, since that was the original intention!