C5I5e42XUAE6KhD.jpg:small

Night fever, night fever.
We know how to do it!

This week: flyboarding, Vulcan knock-offs, jewel heists, double-crossing then second thoughts, civilian powers in Sentai, referencing Japanese memes, and a snake arm.
Also, wow those blue contact lenses look like they're hurting Nago's actor's eyes!

Last edited:
I just love it when they force-separate the arms to be arms on their own.
I see potentials in Naga as character. The villain is another forgettable thing. This is encroaching into Dekaranger's territory, villain-wise.

Some kind of Beast mode
Balance's voice actor and character feels refreshing to see/hear in Sentai. He's not bad so far. Actually, that being said, these voice actors are running circles around the actual face actors. Silver's character can be cool, but his actor is awkward in delivery as well.

Standard character ep. Episode 3's Stinger intro is what actually interest me.

R

raden238

So the big takeaway I got from episode 2 was the formatting that the show is taking. 88 constellations all over the universe with a monster of the week ruling one of them. Which means that every episode of Kyuranger will take place on another fictional planet besides Earth (Probably saving Earth for the movies or finale). I really get that Star Trek / Star Wars vibe from this show. Balance definitely looks like it was inspired by C3PO. It also reminds me of Gokaiger. Space Rebels, Space Pirates who break all rules. Surprised a crossover from the two teams isn't in the works.

Naga reminds me a lot of Chase from Kamen Rider Drive, both born emotionless but wish to have emotions. I enjoyed this episode. Just wish Toei wouldn't rush with introducing all 9 Rangers in the span of 4 episodes. They could easily devote 2-3 parters to each of them. Also the ED is just weird. Like literally all the dance moves involve thrusting your pelvis area and shaking the buttocks :laugh:.

This is encroaching into Dekaranger's territory, villain-wise.
Personally I was more reminded of Gavan, what with there being a Don in charge and all.
I really get that Star Trek / Star Wars vibe from this show.
The reports about Bandai of America's involvement mentioned that BoA had tried to make it clear to their Japanese counterparts that any PR adaptation would essentially be competing (at least toy-wise) against the likes of Star Wars, Marvel etc. Maybe that's where the push came from?
Just wish Toei wouldn't rush with introducing all 9 Rangers in the span of 4 episodes. They could easily devote 2-3 parters to each of them.
Eh, if they did that it'd take them until nearly halfway through the show just to introduce all nine. They've got q2 toys to shill before then!

I've been looking at the images from the toy catalog. It shows the Kyutamas from the DX mechas can open to reveal small figurines of each Ranger. Yet that doesn't seem to be the case in the video reviews of the DX Kyurenoh I've seen. Anyone know what's going on there?

S

scikaiju

Never really paid attention to those images but based on the cstoys review I saw there was an image of the ranger that you could see once it lit up, so maybe that's what you were seeing before.

Some more quick notes
Looks like the toned tone the cooking phrases for Spada at least for this episode, so I'm cool with that. Somebody still needs to start punching Lucky in the balls every time he says "Lucky" though.
I like the idea behind the idea of Balance and Naga, where the robot is tying to help the organic to learn emotions. It's a unique twist in the standard trope. Although I do wonder if Balance's shall we say thieving nature is going to come into conflict with the others at some point.
And apparently you don't need to search for Voyagers, you can just summon them out of thin air once you become a ranger.

S

scikaiju

Not really sure, maybe it's some sort of special Kyutama that's compatible with the DX mecha. Or maybe that was the plan originally but what we ended up with was more cost effective in the long run.

Some kind of Beast mode
Not really sure, maybe it's some sort of special Kyutama that's compatible with the DX mecha. Or maybe that was the plan originally but what we ended up with was more cost effective in the long run.

I'm gonna go with the latter.