Uchū Sentai Kyuranger, Space 01: "The Greatest Superstars in the Universe"

C4g7i1nWAAAZW-a.jpg:small

Well here we go again! This time we're focussing on a man so fortunate he can casually shatter the laws of physics and another blue canine who can somehow fit his muzzle in a flat-faced helmet. Oh, and keep an eye out for the cameo from Magi Yellow/Beet Buster's actor.

Some kind of Beast mode
Nice visuals, fun action. That's expected. But this was the most rushed Sentai premiere I have ever seen. It gets more rushed every year, which is an impressive feat on its own.

Ever since the trailer Lucky didn't sit right with me and he still doesn't, but he had his moment (s)..I guess..? This "LuCKY" "lUUCKEE" "LuKEY" shyt needs to be brought down to a minimum though.

Everything a character says is tied to that one thing they like, predictable.

I might really like ChamGreen, I know I thought her suit was one of the best out of all of them, but didn't think I'd dig her character. I like how immature she is, but also enthusiastic and feisty in battle, plus c'mon her roll call is smooth.

The cgi, when not dealing with final attacks, are horrendous.That is also expected, but knowing this show will be filled with it more than usual is kind of a sad thought.

ShiShi's transformation is a long the lines of what I wanted to see for the first henshin, that was beautiful.

Mech cockipits, as seen in trailers, are very cool. Playing the great theme song during the finale attack worked greatly.

Oh and the villains don't look even remotely interesting.

I like the space opera setting. it's almost like Kyuranger is taking some lessons from Ultraman Orb The Origin Saga. I seriously thought Toei, being Toei, was going to cheat their way by having it all happen on Earth. of course it's just the first episode and we don't know if the team will eventually end up visiting our planet, but it'd be nice to see them liberate a different planet every few episodes. I wonder if they're going to end up blowing their budget by the end of the show though. :laugh:

I really hope it stays this good until the end. after what happened with Ninninger and Zyuohger, my faith in Sentai has been severely damaged. I'm still going to give it until episode 10 or so before deciding if it's worth my time though...

But this was the most rushed Sentai premiere I have ever seen. It gets more rushed every year, which is an impressive feat on its own.

Sentai premieres have been rushed for decades. Gingaman is one of the very few that had a decent pace.

Some kind of Beast mode
Sentai premieres have been rushed for decades. Gingaman is one of the very few that had a decent pace.

I don't deny that, but dude...this execution was pretty scary. Thinking about it more, it was really more glaring when regarding Lucky.

Hated hated hated HATED Lucky. I swear if I hear him saying how lucky he is one more time, I might blow my brains out instead of dealing with that for the next year. Lucky single handedly ruined this episode for me which sucks because it looks great and it's such a cool concept.

Some kind of Beast mode
He did drag it down, and it doesn't help that his actor is pretty weak. But then again, the "human" ranger casts acting is kinda weak as a whole.

Looking at the preview for next week, Silver seems like he'll be a weak link as well lol. It's hard for me to connect to rubber suits, moreso when good guys than bad..but I have no problem believing these suits and their personalities. First episode though, so these are more observations than criticisms.

Except for Lucky..I can't give him a first episode pass. LOL

I thought it was a good first episode. I like most of the character shown so far though I shall reserve judgement on Lucky.

D

Dr Kain

I finally watched the first episode subbed and it was still enjoyable, but I'm really not sold on the red ranger right now. He reminds me way too much of Daigo. I'm really liking the green, yellow, and black rangers though. I also get a kick out of how much blacky (don't have their names memorized yet) shrinks down when he transforms. He seems like he would be a lot more imposing not in his ranger suit. Grr's ranger suit looks pretty awesome and is it just the lighting or does it have fur on it? Not a fan of the shark nose on yellow's helmet though.

The mech is okay, but at least it isn't a giant square. I do like individual cockpits.

Lastly, I'm getting a very sith vibe from Jark Matter. The emperor is so a Sith Lord.