Trying to make a list of things we dont see anymore in super sentais

Live to Win
We don't ever see つづく (tsuzuku, or "to be continued") at the end of each episode anymore. Instead, we get this message to prepare for a sing-along after the commercial break.

Also, Gokaiger did away with eyecatches and in-between narrations. Does that mean they're gone for good?

you forgot non-henshin fights between the heroes and the foot soldiers. I really enjoy seeing the actors/actresses showing off some moves. :thumbs: I won't count Shinkenger and Gokaiger because they still depend on their ShinkenMaru, Gokai Gun and Gokai Saber.

EDIT: Go-onger had the Mantan Gun, which also had Rod Mode.

Last edited:
always henshining'
i just remembered Magiranger had villains with human form too
Nai and Mea :sweat:

Would like to change his avatar
i just remembered Magiranger had villains with human form too
Nai and Mea :sweat:

Bah! That doesn't count. Whenever an old-schooler like myself is whining about the lack of human/actor villains, we don't count the token idol or the one man renegade. We're thinking of...

mesqi.jpg

Sentai villain groups nowadays are the complete opposite of this -- one human, and the rest rubber villains.

Live to Win
Other stuff not being used in Super Sentai anymore:

Perforated Helmets - Replaced by clear visors starting with Denshi Sentai Denjiman (1980)
Scarves - Discontinued after Dai Sentai Goggle-V (1982)

Isn't Gokai Galleon kind of like a flying fortress? It combines into a giant robot, but it's also their usual hang out and base of operations. Or am I totally missing the point?