Trying to make a list of things we dont see anymore in super sentais

Eye See You
Weapons actually STABBING the villain and making it look painful. The lame ones they try to pull off now are just :redface2:

Are there other sentai aside from Maskman that have the characters go into their underwear?

Kuuguitar
Bah! That doesn't count. Whenever an old-schooler like myself is whining about the lack of human/actor villains, we don't count the token idol or the one man renegade. We're thinking of...

mesqi.jpg

Sentai villain groups nowadays are the complete opposite of this -- one human, and the rest rubber villains.

It's cheaper paying for guys in rubber suits and voice actors than live actors wearing makeup and costumes. :laugh:

Isn't Gokai Galleon kind of like a flying fortress? It combines into a giant robot, but it's also their usual hang out and base of operations. Or am I totally missing the point?

And it also contains the team mecha! So in a way it homages the traditional flying fortress (which was shafted possibly because all the post-Liveman teams save Fiveman had a personal mecha for each member), while being a traditional Sentai robo.

It's cheaper paying for guys in rubber suits and voice actors than live actors wearing makeup and costumes. :laugh:

And casting a believable villain probably isn't as easy as getting established suit and voice actors.

Well, when talking about gun switching into saber mode, i was thinking to those weapons that all the team,not only one member had, like the live blaster, the guns of jetman that can switch like this, stuff like that.

But yes that can apply to individual weapons in a way.

I believed that human villains had been replaced because monsters had better sales.
Because human big bads were not necessarily bound to fight and use gadgets or weapons, while monsters or demons could make a funnier toy for children.

I assumed flying fortresses had been cancelled because kids did not want them.(if i am a kid and have to choose between getting the robot or the fortress, i will take the robot)

Eye See You
Weapons actually STABBING the villain and making it look painful. The lame ones they try to pull off now are just :redface2:

and Gokaiger ep #41 totally answered that and apologized to me for it, wow.

Even the CGI sparks were done with.

Bah! That doesn't count. Whenever an old-schooler like myself is whining about the lack of human/actor villains, we don't count the token idol or the one man renegade. We're thinking of...

mesqi.jpg

Sentai villain groups nowadays are the complete opposite of this -- one human, and the rest rubber villains.

Shougo; is that one of the reasons Abaranger and Gekiranger are your favorites recent sentai series (unless I'm wrong); because human looking villains are pretty important in both of them, compared with other sentai that came after Megaranger?

We don't ever see つづく (tsuzuku, or "to be continued") at the end of each episode anymore. Instead, we get this message to prepare for a sing-along after the commercial break.
The "after the CM, let's sing the ending song" thing only started since Go-Onger (while in Gokaiger is "after the CM, let's try remember Super Sentai names"), last Sentai that using "tsuzuku" is Hurricaneger, GoGoV with "Mission Complete," Timeranger with the date of the episode, and Abaranger to Gekiranger just showing their logo.