I hope this movie finally explains how the Tron world and Digimon world can both exist on the internet. XD

Raxbait: Hip
When I watched the original Tron a couple years ago, my mind was blown at how good the effects were for back then.
Everyone needs to watch it at one point. Or at least before they watch legacy of course.

When I watched the original Tron a couple years ago, my mind was blown at how good the effects were for back then.
Everyone needs to watch it at one point. Or at least before they watch legacy of course.
Well that is mainly due to the limited amount CGI used, most of the effects used draw more from traditional animation. I am actually a little dissappointed with what when have seen so far. I hope that at least part of the film takes place in a section that wasn't "upgraded" that matches the original film in visuals.

Raxbait: Hip
I don't know, it kinda made sense that it was all new considering how technology has grown (and by this I mean in general). Thats how I think of it anyways.

Super Moderator
That was my thought to. The computer world has upgraded since we last saw it almost 30 years ago.

That was my thought to. The computer world has upgraded since we last saw it almost 30 years ago.
I get that, but it still looks overdone yet underwhelming. Tron stands out because it pushed the techniques and technology of it's day to the limit, creating a very distinct style that stands the test of time. Legacy while it's graphics are good, they really don't push any boundaries and it comes off as generic version of Tron.

HEROW
^ But you have to put yourself on the shoes of people back then who are not even aware of concepts such as The Matrix, Lawnmower Man, etc.

Why were you expecting something on par with what can be done today, when the original movie was made in 1982?

I agree, we better cut some slack to a movie which was created during the start of the techno age... And I wasn't even born then. :thumbs:

HEROW
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Afc2uzw4g"]YouTube - TRON: LEGACY - Daft Punk's "Derezzed"[/ame]

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I saw a preview at Disneyland a couple weeks ago that literally had me drooling. If my work wasn't so insanely crazy in December, I'd be doing a midnight showing of it. :thumbs: