Well we havent seen the movie though, have we. So it's unfair to the movie to judge Bumblebee so early. He might be just as great and likeable as the G1 version. In fact, I'm going to bet on it. He's never going to be or emulate the original G1 Bumble. He isnt the original bumblebee. He's a new one, a different one. But I think he'll be just as fun and entertaining.

I'm not trying to generalize the characters of G1. I know they are all diverse, but there's nothing to study about them. The characters are paper thin, you could read them like a book in their respective episodes. You got the "head strong autobot" the "Gruff but loveable autobot" "by the books autobot" etc etc. They truly arent characters that can be studied for hidden detail is what I'm getting at.

But you know the original G1 cartoons are great so might as well watch them and enjoy anyways. I know I rewatch a few episodes of S1 every now and then.

Then don't watch if you don't like the subject matter. No one here is going to force you to do so.

It's Judgement Time!
but you don't know **** about me, so kindly don't assume anything.

I would say the same to you, you seem to love labeling people and assume the worst based on opinions. Lets leave it at that.

I will be a real fan all I want, knowing that you'll never be one.

Sky, the problem here is I dont care. It's not breaking my heart.

Then don't watch if you don't like the subject matter. No one here is going to force you to do so.

Do what now? Watch what? G1?

Do what now? Watch what? G1?

*sigh*

I'm going to do a series of vidoes using my webcam highlighting various things I find interesting, focusing on but not limited to the G1 Transformers characters. Now I've received indications that you don't care for that and don't think much of that. And I'm saying if you don't like this sort of thing, don't watch the vidoes.

And I think Hariken got confused, I hope the above clarifies things for him.

Lurker
*sigh*

I'm going to do a series of vidoes using my webcam highlighting various things I find interesting, focusing on but not limited to the G1 Transformers characters. Now I've received indications that you don't care for that and don't think much of that. And I'm saying if you don't like this sort of thing, don't watch the vidoes..

Well from one true Transfan to another, that sounds encouragable and interesting, will you explore Furman's characterisations of the G1 characters also, or just the cartoon's? Go ahead with it, pay no attention to whoever is belittling you for an invested hobby, you're better than him, all G1 fans are.

Well we havent seen the movie though, have we. So it's unfair to the movie to judge Bumblebee so early.
I believe he was judging the character based on the prequel comic. But, regardless, personally I don't have a problem with Bumblebee, other than the fact that he is not even a character in the film.

And I'm 100% sure everyone will like Bumblebee in the film. Why? But because he's mute and he's funny and his face looks like a metalic teddy bear's and because his horn makes windows crumble to pieces and because he's helping Sam get laid; he really does. Characterization at its best.

Like I said before, if you're looking for a generic sci-fi/action film with tons of explosions and CGI, this film's awesome. If you looking for a Transformers film, in the sense that the Transformers are actual characters and have focus in the film, don't waste your money.

It's Judgement Time!
ah based on the comic, well that's true. I forgot there was a comic and novel out to judge characters by,

Key word: SERIES, as in "Armada sucked, Energon sucked, Cybetron sucked", as a SERIES, TELEVISED, WRITTEN, PRODUCED, ANIMATED, it has blown wind. Toyline? Fine, the style does well, but the substance? No.

Actually, Armada was extremely popular among children. Energon wasn't as popular but did ok. Cybertron was also pretty popular, but not quite as good as Armada did.

The biggest problem with those shows was Cartoon Network. After Armada, they kept giving it crappy time slots. The reason being that CN had no real vested interest in the show. All of their original programming got the prime slots, because they would make more money off of them. That's why CN is actually making the new series, Transformers: Heroes. With it being a CN show, it will be given a better time slot, and more advertising.

Well from one true Transfan to another, that sounds encouragable and interesting, will you explore Furman's characterisations of the G1 characters also, or just the cartoon's? Go ahead with it, pay no attention to whoever is belittling you for an invested hobby, you're better than him, all G1 fans are.

depends on the character really.