Lurker
realoptimustruck9fo5pf.jpg

It's NOT based on Generation TWO Bay you idiot...

Mad Skillz
At least it's still a semi, and it does look pretty nice. Plus, isn't the whole "based on G1" only supposed to be in terms of basic storylines and characters personalities? This isn't going to be a live action G1 movie, it'll have some resemblence to it, but it's going to be its own thing.

I agree with Blue.

But is that actually Optimus Prime? I wonder if those flames are the reason I read he was going to be a "Fire Truck." :laugh:

If this is supposed to be the movie's Convoy, then I'm afraid it doesn't suit his character. Decorative flames like these go well with brash characters like Hot Rod, but not Convoy, I'm sorry.

Lurker
Laser Optimus Prime had the same look.

Besides, It's an american movie, so it's Optimus Prime, not "Convoy".

Skyknight said:
Besides, It's an american movie, so it's Optimus Prime, not "Convoy".

At the risk of stealing from Bolt: You say tomato.

The lame-ass flames don't work though.

For The Greater Justice...
Sage Shinigami said:
At the risk of stealing from Bolt: You say tomato.

But the name is Optimus Prime. Refering to Prime as Convoy is like people talking about Power Rangers but refering to the characters by their sentai names. Makes no sense and it causes confusion.

My apologies, I've gotten more used to the name Convoy, but I'll try not to use in reference to the movie anymore.

Which makes me wonder how they'll translate the movie in Japan. Will they keep 'Optimus Prime' or make a cultural translation and call him Convoy?

Lurker
kyo28 said:
My apologies, I've gotten more used to the name Convoy, but I'll try not to use in reference to the movie anymore.

Which makes me wonder how they'll translate the movie in Japan. Will they keep 'Optimus Prime' or make a cultural translation and call him Convoy?

That's always been the case regardless of accuracy, the same with calling Autobots "Seibertrons" and Decepticons "Destrons"

Lurker
Don Murphy has confirmed the truck is going to be customised to look red just like Prime, so it was a false alarm