Thanks for posting the pictures.
No wait ... that's not Megatron ... it's one of them Terminator-thingies ... you know, "T###" or something.
Why is it that raping humans is punishable by law but if you rape Transformers it's called 'making a movie'?

EDIT: these were done by a fan, not professionals. It's sad to note how a fan can do much better than the 'professionals':
http://www.jesterpictures.com/transformers/

Last edited:
It's Judgement Time!
Yeah thats definitely what what i expected for Megatron. But I think he looks interesting. I like his battlemode head. He just needs hands and an arm canon. Then he'll be perfect.

It's Judgement Time!
I agree he's a little different. But give it a bit. Maybe his on screen presence will do it justice. Cant really just judge him based on an artwork alone.

Im just trying to remain optimistic.

a little bit different? :eyebrow:

I was really looking forward to this movie and I honestly want to keep an open mind, but I can't shake the feeling that by looking at the designs alone it's painstakingly obvious the crew doesn't have a good grasp of the whole Transformers legacy.

Just to point out one thing: the flames on Prime/Convoy. He has always been a strong (military) leader, but a compasionate one. He's not the brash kind to jump right into the action. Flames painted on him just doesn't match with the kind of character he has ... I would expect to see something like that on a Rodimus or Nitro Convoy, but not Prime/Convoy. The iconic characters have looked different throughout the years, but they always stayed true to their G1 counterparts, at least in spirit if not in form. Here the spirit is completely lost, I'm afraid. It's better to watch this movie as "the transforming robots from outer space movie" instead of "Transformers: the movie".

It's Judgement Time!
He's not the brash kind to jump right into the action. Flames painted on him just doesn't match with the kind of character he has ..

ok I can understand your point on Megatron. I dont agree but I understand where people will be shocked and dissapointed. But the flames on Optimus is such a silly thing to argue over. Flames on him shouldnt dictate his personality. He will be the same old Optimus. It shouldnt matter if he has flames.

I still think that the 'looks' should fit the character. You can't have an actor like, oh say, Woody Harroldson play the role of James Bond.

Can you see a tough-as-nails, with flames tatooed Vin Diesel say "Hold up guys, lets give the baddies a chance to see the error of their ways first" ... no! He sticks a shotgun up their rear-end and blasts them to Kindom Come. That is the attitude that this design for Optimus/Convoy transmits and that just feels wrong to me.

Mad Skillz
...what's the point? Why not complain about something that needs it, like that horrible robot mode.

And plus, petitiononline -never- works.