Transformers: The Movie

Skyknight

Lurker
realoptimustruck9fo5pf.jpg

It's NOT based on Generation TWO Bay you idiot...

Aoi Kurenai

Mad Skillz
At least it's still a semi, and it does look pretty nice. Plus, isn't the whole "based on G1" only supposed to be in terms of basic storylines and characters personalities? This isn't going to be a live action G1 movie, it'll have some resemblence to it, but it's going to be its own thing.

I agree with Blue.

But is that actually Optimus Prime? I wonder if those flames are the reason I read he was going to be a "Fire Truck." :laugh:

kyo28

If this is supposed to be the movie's Convoy, then I'm afraid it doesn't suit his character. Decorative flames like these go well with brash characters like Hot Rod, but not Convoy, I'm sorry.

Skyknight

Lurker
Laser Optimus Prime had the same look.

Besides, It's an american movie, so it's Optimus Prime, not "Convoy".

Hariken

For The Greater Justice...
Sage Shinigami said:
At the risk of stealing from Bolt: You say tomato.

But the name is Optimus Prime. Refering to Prime as Convoy is like people talking about Power Rangers but refering to the characters by their sentai names. Makes no sense and it causes confusion.

kyo28

My apologies, I've gotten more used to the name Convoy, but I'll try not to use in reference to the movie anymore.

Which makes me wonder how they'll translate the movie in Japan. Will they keep 'Optimus Prime' or make a cultural translation and call him Convoy?

Skyknight

Lurker
kyo28 said:
My apologies, I've gotten more used to the name Convoy, but I'll try not to use in reference to the movie anymore.

Which makes me wonder how they'll translate the movie in Japan. Will they keep 'Optimus Prime' or make a cultural translation and call him Convoy?

That's always been the case regardless of accuracy, the same with calling Autobots "Seibertrons" and Decepticons "Destrons"

Skyknight

Lurker
Don Murphy has confirmed the truck is going to be customised to look red just like Prime, so it was a false alarm

kyo28

Thank God for that!
Still, I wish they would have stuck closer to the original ... because with this kind of vehicle form, the robot form will probably be different as well.

Hariken said:
But the name is Optimus Prime. Refering to Prime as Convoy is like people talking about Power Rangers but refering to the characters by their sentai names. Makes no sense and it causes confusion.

Its not the same. Optimus Prime and Convoy are the same character. Tommy and Burai are not. Oh well. Not like it really matters. Anyway, that pic did sort of look random.

SaikoDragon

It's Judgement Time!
Cullen returning is freaking fantastic! I wonder if anyone will put up the sound clip that the panel played of his audition. (according to the report anyway)

It would be freaking tragic if Welker didn't get the role now. Freaking tragic. They have to be reunited for this movie. have to be.

Keith Justice

Well that's just PRIME!!!

Hollywood does something right... imagine that? I would've thought that they'd have cast Freddie Prinze Jr. :p

Kimiden

Great Sage-Equal of Heaven
Okay this isn't so much movie news but this has to be unveiled

195810723_2a2e976fd4.jpg

AUTOBOT MATRIX O' LEADERSHIP REPLICA FROM DIAMOND COLLECTIBLES!

Now...Truly..Light Our Darkest Hour!!

...which will be when my wallet dies upon buying this.

Kamen Wyrd

J-Caizer said:
Well that's just PRIME!!!

Hollywood does something right... imagine that? I would've thought that they'd have cast Freddie Prinze Jr. :p

Rumor has it that it was going to be George Clooney:sly:

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts