"Training."
How? I got a new PC because my last crashed and I want to transfer all my songs into my new PC.

Need help. Desperate. :mad:

Lurker
Unfortunately, Apple encrypts your music as you put it on your iPod through iTunes to prevent file sharing so they are lost forever unless you can recover them from your hard drive.

What I suggest is to find a friend who knows a thing or two about computer hardware and ask them to recover as much of your stuff as possible from your hard drive. Depending on what caused your computer to crash, I'm pretty sure most small files like mp3s would remain intact.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Unfortunately, Apple encrypts your music as you put it on your iPod through iTunes to prevent file sharing so they are lost forever unless you can recover them from your hard drive.

What I suggest is to find a friend who knows a thing or two about computer hardware and ask them to recover as much of your stuff as possible from your hard drive. Depending on what caused your computer to crash, I'm pretty sure most small files like mp3s would remain intact.

What he said.

In Justice, We Trust!
I know it's doable. The files are hidden, so you just need to find where your ipod is plugged in, and get it so that it can display hidden object.

Brave Sound~
I know it's doable. The files are hidden, so you just need to find where your ipod is plugged in, and get it so that it can display hidden object.

what HE said. It works though, I've done it with my sister's ipod. I think it's properties & check to show hidden files

Lurker
Alright, it looks like you're in luck. It appears that ever since iTunes stopped using DRM on their music sales, the iPod firmware has been changed as well.

In short, if you had the latest version of iTunes and your iPod has the latest firmware update and your iPod is in hard disk mode, you can do it. If you are not updated, there is a chance you're under the old encryption. If your iPod is not in hard disk mode, then it will take some fancy tricks to get a computer to recognize your iPod and grant read privileges upon connection.

I've tested it just now. If you fulfill the conditions, your music will be in iPod_Control\Music spread among a lot of hidden folders so you should get your file properties to show hidden files and folders. All of your songs will have weird names that are just four capital letters, but if you load them into iTunes you should find that they still have the proper ID3 tags.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Apple

DRM

Steve Jobs has said that Apple is against DRM, but this is complete and total bullshit because everyone who isn't retarted knows that DRM will help Apple sell millions of iPods, even though in the future they will only be associated with homosexuals (they already are, amirite?). If you haven't put this together yourself then allow me to do it for you. DRM means that once a consumer purchases music off iTunes he (we omit the she because women are supposed to be in the kitchen makin' dinner while the men are out fucking with hot chicks who are totally asking for it) will only be able to listen to that music on his iPod and in iTunes. OH ****, MY IPOD BROKE - Ha. Good luck with that. Guess what? You fucked yourself. That's right. That Dragonforce that you purchased on iTunes only works on iTunes. The latest iPod looks gay so you decide you want a Zune. After pluggin' it in you try to put the music you purchased on iTunes onto the Zune. You get so angry you have sex with a couple of the goats that you keep in your mom's basement, punch out your parole officer and cut your dick off in a morphine-induced high. As a result of the protection you have to buy another iPod to listen to your 9,000 dollars worth of music. Apple argues that it doesn't sell DRM-free music because of the record companies. However, this is a lie because all the same music can be bought without DRM on Amazon MP3.
THUS: APPLE MAKES MONEY OFF YOUR STUPIDITY.

Whomp, whomp!
Yeah, it's possible...seriously just google it, you should find something...or better yet, try here

www.quickpwn.com/fourms/

I just read around a little and was able to jailbreak my iPhone. And trust me, I have little to none in terms of computer skills. If you read enough there you should find a section to do it. I know I can access everything on my iPhone (including music) via iPhone browser that lets you see EVERYTHING on the device, and you can add, copy, etc. just about any files.