http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=22559

I can't wait to see how they come out. Personally though I am somewhat disappointed that they are 5 inch scale. I really would have liked for them to be larger so I could display them with my Stargate figures. Although being 5 inch is a good thing, and makes so much sense, since they will be compatible with the Doctor Who figures.

Now I need to really start trying to get my hands on the Doctor stuff. With the Classic figures and even a possible Sarah Jane line coming soon, it's going to be even more maddening for this American to get the ones I want than it already is now. :disappoin

And there are now pics of the figures, minus Captain Jack...

They have potential, so long as these aren't the exact final product. Hopefully the final figures will have more articulation, not to mention better paint apps. :disappoin Ultimately I still can't wait to get them. I can forgive any lack of articulation provided the paints are good.

The expected release is this August.

Yeah so do I, but Getretro wanted the figures to fit with Character Options' Doctor Who figures. It makes sense, but it still is somewhat disappointing.

You know, since Torchwood has proven to be successful for BBC America it'd be great if they'd allow an American based toy company, say like Diamond Select which has done awesome work with Stargate Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica, the license for larger scale figures. What are the chances that the Getretro TW figures are even going to be marketed in North America? :disappoin

There is a pic of the Captain Jack figure from this line to be found here:

http://www.doctorwhotoys.net/torchwoodactionfigures.htm

So looks like quite a few Captain Jack figures out there, between the different variants of the Series 1 Captain Jack and the two versions from Series 3 of the DW line, which might just be better than this TW Capt. Jack if he doesn't have any more articulation that what's shown there. Likeness is fantastic though, he looks better than the other characters.

Only just saw this so I don't know how long they've been listed, but BigBadToyStore.com has the first wave of Torchwood figures available for preorder.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=UND10157&mode=retail

They also have Jack and the Weevil for preorder individually but I don't see the same for Gwen or the Cyberwoman.

Also we have a look at one of the figures in wave 2.

I figured we'd be seeing this guy. There really aren't that many other alien creatures aside from him. There is that one glowing angel thingy, and possibly the Hoix from his cameo in the last finale, but not much past that. It would be cool to see a close to in scale Abbadon. That thing would be huge.

I wonder who will fill out the rest of the wave anyway. Hopefully Toshiko and Owen since we're not going to see them anymore (possibly). would be cool if Ianto took the fourth spot. I could see Captain John and Grey as part of wave three, but I'm almost forgetting about Suzie, she really needs a figure.

Ok apparently Captain John Hart is going to be in wave two as well according to DoctorWhoToys.net.

I'm all for Captain John but we need Toshiko, Owen, and Ianto already. Hopefully two of the three will round out wave two and the third can be in wave three with Suzie Costello filling out the TW team. Hmm Martha Jones has got to fit in there somewhere too.

Ionto and Harkness may be the very first homosexual action figures of all time.
Actually they aren't the first...but Ianto is only bi while Jack (like Captain John) is, as they say, "omnisexual." Whatever that means...something to do with interspecies erotica or something....

We may see of figure of that Billis character from the end of series 1, now he was a full on raging homo, like the real Captain Jack...then there's Toshiko's alien girlfriend, though she's probably more omni than anything else...