Well I can call your constant wave-offs of certain criticisms as "the kids like it, you people act like 17-year olds, get over yourselves" trash too. But that won't get us anywhere, would it?

But then I'd actually have a point, because this stuff being for kids, not pseudo-critic cannon fodder is an actual fact, not an opinion.

Last edited:
I agree with pretty much everything live jetabare said.

I'm having an incredibly hard time struggling to watch Toqger. The first 16 episodes were especially offensive, since pretty much nothing interesting happened outside of Zet appearing (which took one episode, the only good one of this bunch) and we had the incredibly uninteresting Gritta longing for "Schwartz-sama...." ad nauseam. But for whatever reason the staff seems to think she's great.

Akira's arrival made things slightly more tolerable since then - not that he's great, but the other characters are so devoid of personalities that it makes me miss the Goseigers so much. The cast doesn't help either. Right seemed good at first, but quickly became an airhead who eats a lot and that's it. The others don't deserve any mention at all, but i can say the attempt of Tokatti/Mio "romance" is absolutely awful and Kagura is one of the worst examples of the worst sentai archetype.

Then we have the toys, that are introduced in the laziest possible way i ever seen, like "hey look, we're lucky that monster had swallowed a new train!! awesome!! let's test it"...seriously, are they even trying here? This is Neo Saban's level of writing.

The comedy is annoying and pretty much never works, but that doesn't stop them from trying to shove it down our throats every moment they can - even during the fights. They seem to think, for instance, the Toqgers using their swords to hammer their enemies in the head is funny. No people, it's not. It just makes the action look cheap and non-threatening.

Speaking of which, the fight scenes generally give me the impression the staff is bored and tired doing this.

And then we have the filler. The show feels like a giant pile of filler to be honest. Everytime something apparently relevant happens, it's usually left aside for weeks of more filler. It feels like we get one plot episode every 5-6 (bad) fillers, even if it's not actually like that.

TL;DR, this show is horrible.

Allies : It's pretty telling when the smartest character in the show is a monkey puppet. and even despite this, Ticket is usually annoying with its grating voice. And the less we talk about the Conductor, Wagon, or the president of the Rainbow line and his bunny head, the better.

Jesus, are the Rainbow Line scenes painful. And i thought the Imagins and their hijinks were bad.

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
Right seemed good at first, but quickly became an airhead who eats a lot and that's it. The others don't deserve any mention at all, but i can say the attempt of Tokatti/Mio "romance" is absolutely awful and Kagura is one of the worst examples of the worst sentai archetype..

While I agree with a lot of your views on the show ... assuming that you're talking about "the worst Sentai archetype" being heroines who are ditzy/childish, how is Kagura (who really is a child) worse than Houka, a grown woman acting like a five-year-old in an effort to be "kawaiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!" Or Natsuki, who we were told was a child yet the show used her for adult-appeal fanservice in a manner that completely undermines that idea?

D

Dr Kain

But then I'd actually have a point, because this stuff being for kids, not pseudo-critic cannon fodder is an actual fact, not an opinion.

Sentai in the 90s was for kids too, but I didn't see them being overly childish, red rangers that scream at the top of their lungs, over the top slapstick comedy, and villains that were more comedic than threatening. The 90s had a balance of comedy and seriousness, where as most of the shows over the last 10 years have put slapstick over seriousness. And by slapstick I mean the extreme side to the point where they need to make fart and boner jokes.

Blade Adept
Why are you so hung up on the TOQboner thing? At least from my knowledge, it only happened once and it's not like it's a regular gag...is it? As a puerile humour thing, it's no worse than nipple missiles.

Eh, I've not watched anywhere near enough of TOQger thus far to make any sort of qualified evaluation. I quickly grew bored and the show couldn't sustain my interest, so I dropped it. I suppose TOQger instantly failed in that regard, but I'll make no claims as to its overall quality until I do see enough of the show, because otherwise I'd have ranked Goseiger as one of the worst things I've ever seen purely based on its more unwatchable first half.

I'd have a hard time nailing down exactly what it is I dislike about ToQGer, but I definitely don't enjoy it. As someone who's been watching Sentai/Rider pretty much religiously since getting into it around the Gokaiger/OOO period, this is the first show I've really struggled to watch. Bear in mind that I really disliked Wizard and Gobusters too, yet they still provided me with some incentive to keep checking them out each week. I don't even hate the comedy or the designs as much as some people seem to. At the moment, I'm about 7-8 episodes behind on ToQGer and that's after I decided to catch up on the latest 6 just before those were on.

I don't think it helps that all of the characters are basically the same, barring a few characteristics and that the plot is virtually non-existant. All there is to it (unless something has been introduced since I've been away) is "we've got to find our home!". It's not engaging and doesn't really develop in any interesting ways. Even the plot twist was extremely predictable, with most of us guessing it by I think around the second episode. Which wouldn't be a bad thing if it was a worthwhile payoff, but it hasn't really changed anything.

Some of the episodes have been outright terrible too. Particularly anything involving Mio, which typically comes down to some incredibly sexist and offensive plot, and one of the recent episodes where it turned out that two of the characters had always been big fans of.. *dice rolls* karate! I guess the plot twist did lead to something, it give them an excuse to make up pointless crap for the characters to do each week, since they're all essentially blank slates.

I will say that the villains, especially Zed brought a lot of life to the show, but he's far too underused to really be interesting. Akira has consistently been hilarious too, if a little one note.

Some of the episodes have been outright terrible too. Particularly anything involving Mio, which typically comes down to some incredibly sexist and offensive plot

Where?

Am I the only one who thought the last Mio episode wasn't that bad? Certainly not as horrible as the comments made it out to be before I actually sat down to watch.

It's not the "stalker" I disliked about the episode so much as having Tokacchi act jealous and possessive towards her and this is treated as justified and/or amusing, rather than shown to be a negative thing (she's not an object he can claim as "his" - especially when he won't ask her out!) Plus the hypocrisy of the idea that Tokacchi's awkwardness is why we should want him to "get the girl", the awkwardness of Mio's stalker is why we should laugh at him

That is completely not how I saw that episode at all. You keep seeing things that you want to see.

Because Tokatchi might be a bit jealous that means he's possessive of Mio? are you serious? Let's not forget that these characters are still children at heart if not in body, so the things they make be thinking or feeling aren't going to make sense anyway, especially not to them.

I have never felt that the show wants me to ship Tokatchi and Mio. If they do become a couple, whatever. It's not something I care about. What I care about is whether these guys are going to get home and how their "children in adult bodies" will be resolved. I just shrug episodes like that off and move on. Perhaps you should too.

I have never felt that the show wants me to ship Tokatchi and Mio. If they do become a couple, whatever. It's not something I care about. What I care about is whether these guys are going to get home and how their "children in adult bodies" will be resolved. I just shrug episodes like that off and move on. Perhaps you should too.

I don't like the show implying that Mio will get over her awkwardness with romance and fall for Tokacchi just because HE wants her, and more importantly I don't like its focus on Gritta and Schwarz (especially when even the heroes keep showing concern for her and wanting to protect her - I don't care how sad she is about "Schwarz-sama!") Without that element of the show, yeah, I'd be invested in whether or not they're going to get home. I want to be watching the show to see them, not to constantly have annoying villain characters shoved in my face